Print from XP to Mac?

barbyoung

Aug 22, 2009, 5:22:33 PM8/22/09
to PrinterShare
I want to print from my Sony Vaio laptop running Windows XP to the
Lexmark printer connected directly to my MacPro. I've installed the
PrinterShare software on both the Vaio and the Mac, and I've found the
Lexmark printer in the PrinterShare software on the Vaio.

When I send a print job to the Lexmark printer, I can see it in the
Print Jobs list in PrinterShare on the Mac, it's marked with a Status
of New and never prints. I've tried rejecting the job and reprinting,
with the same result.

I don't know if this has something to do with the Validation Error I'm
getting when sending the document from the Vaio. It says, "Validation
error. Selected printer does not support any available format." The
message balloon is pointing to the radio button in front of Bitmap
(300dpi). I can select that button and click Okay, and PrinterShare
appears to send the document. Is this what's causing the problem? If
so, how do I resolve it?

User ID 583990
barbyoung

Technical Support

Aug 24, 2009, 12:39:09 AM8/24/09
to PrinterShare
PrinterShare client for Mac is beta, there can be all kinds of errors.
Thanks for reporting this issue.

Nikita Frolov
Technical support