Printing webpages or images

PilotShop

Sep 9, 2009, 7:59:44 PM9/9/09
to PrinterShare
We use the software to send .php ( webpages) files for printing. It
responds with a window saying "Document not ready yet. Was this an
empty document? waiting..." Is there anyway for this to work as we are
an online based company looking for small telecommuting solutions?

Technical Support

Sep 10, 2009, 1:12:16 AM9/10/09
to PrinterShare
This message means that Windows generated no print file for this print
job. Most common case for this is you printing empty document. If
that's not the case, there may be some kind of hiccup in printer
setup. Check if anything else prints (Notepad...). If it does, then
problem is application-specific. In other case, check if "Spool
printed documents" and "Keep spool file" are checked in Advanced
properties for PrinterShare printer.

Nikita Frolov
Technical support

PilotShop

Sep 10, 2009, 7:45:48 PM9/10/09
to PrinterShare
Nikita,

Yes, I can print from any text document. What I am trying to do is
print a webpage. For instance, if you were to right click this page
and select print, select printershare etc..., this is when the window
message pops up. I have a screenshot if you would like it as well.

Thanks again,

Taylor

On Sep 9, 10:12 pm, Technical Support
> > an online based company looking for small telecommuting solutions?- Hide quoted text -

Technical Support

Sep 11, 2009, 12:49:20 AM9/11/09
to PrinterShare
In theory, web page prints exactly the same way everything else does:
it sends data to Windows spooler, which then generates page image and
passes it to printershare. If you can print other kinds of text
documents, then there's nothing wrong with the printer setup, and the
problem is in the browser, which for some reason prints differently.
For example, it might try to send commands directly to printer,
instead of using Windows spooler. I really can't tell which specific
setting you need to adjust to fix it, but that's the general idea.

Nikita Frolov
Technical support