New version for Mac Crashes bad!

Nolan

Sep 8, 2009, 2:41:21 PM9/8/09
to PrinterShare
I'm pretty concerned! We have been using PrinterShare many times a
day for more than a year on the Mac platform, but this most recent
update has broken all our processes!

I can't get the control panel to launch (the icon "tries" to start up,
but then quits), and on our other machine as soon as we choose
PrinterShare, it crashes the entire program. What changed? The
program forced this upgrade on us, so we can't even go back to the
earlier version. Or can we? Can we get an earlier version again?

Help!

Nolan
nsundrud at ctcweb dot net
Cole Diagnostics

Technical Support

Sep 9, 2009, 12:01:52 AM9/9/09
to PrinterShare
No, you can't revert to previous version.

The only relevant change is how the application keeps its files.
Previous version was using /usr/share/printershare, this one uses both
that and /Library/Application Support/PrinterShare. Check if anything
wrong with the latter.

Nikita Frolov
Technical support

Nolan

Sep 9, 2009, 3:45:27 PM9/9/09
to PrinterShare
I checked and /Library/Application Support/Printershare had not been
created at the User level or the main Library level, either. I added
a blank folder "Printershare" in the User/Library/Application Support
folder, but that didn't make a difference. The program just "bounces"
a few times, but never starts up at all right now.

Any other ideas?

Nolan

On Sep 8, 10:01 pm, Technical Support

Technical Support

Sep 10, 2009, 1:08:27 AM9/10/09
to PrinterShare
Try to change permissions on that folders so everyone can write. Other
than that, unfortunately, I can't guess what can be wrong.

By the way, are you using MacOS 10.5 Leopard, or other version?

Nikita Frolov
Tehcnical support
> > > Cole Diagnostics- Скрыть цитируемый текст -
>
> - Показать цитируемый текст -

Nolan

Sep 15, 2009, 4:31:45 PM9/15/09
to PrinterShare
Hmm...I tried changing permissions, and that didn't seem to help. We
have this program on two Macs, one with 10.5 and the other with 10.4,
and neither one is working right now.

Any other ideas? I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling to see if
that helps.

Nolan

On Sep 9, 11:08 pm, Technical Support

Nolan

Sep 15, 2009, 4:38:14 PM9/15/09
to PrinterShare
I removed the .app and reinstalled version 1000, but no difference.
The new program won't launch at all.

Nolan

Technical Support

Sep 16, 2009, 12:46:05 AM9/16/09
to PrinterShare
Well we still did not realise the source of your problem, so there was
no changes in 1.0 which could help. It should not work on Mac OS 10.4
anyway; on 10.5, on the other hand, it should.

Nikita Frolov
Technical support

Nolan

Sep 17, 2009, 2:52:37 PM9/17/09
to PrinterShare
I'll be upgrading to 10.6 next week, and I'll try reinstalling it
again and see what happens. Very odd!

Nolan

On Sep 15, 10:46 pm, Technical Support

MSL

Sep 20, 2009, 7:05:42 AM9/20/09
to PrinterShare
Since updating to 10.6. printer share does not work,apparently
requires tweeking eventually by printer share. Very disappointed in
having to wait for patch as it is such a great piece of kit

Technical Support

Sep 21, 2009, 8:03:34 AM9/21/09
to PrinterShare
PrinterShare does not support Mac OS 10.6 at this time, only 10.5.

Nikita Frolov
Technical support