Introduction!

Ryan Gerrish

Dec 19, 2012, 2:28:32 AM12/19/12
to print...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

I'm a new Replicator 2 owner in Beaverton. I'm having a great time with it, although the intricacies of HQ printing are still escaping me. Glad to be here!

Ryan

IMAG0179.jpg

Z LeHericy

Dec 19, 2012, 2:30:36 AM12/19/12
to print...@googlegroups.com
I know what you mean about chasing HQ printing... being an early adopter (I have a Cupcake CNC) I've been chasing high res printing for a long time... Now i consistently print at 0.1mm/layer, but usually choose to print with thicker layers just because the parts end up stronger and it prints slightly faster.

-Zeno LeHericy

//((=:Z:=))\\
INVENTIONS
Technologies
zinventions.com

Matt Bailey

Dec 20, 2012, 2:49:12 PM12/20/12
to print...@googlegroups.com, <print3dpdx@googlegroups.com>
I am up for a NW 3D printer get together.  Im sure we could all benefit some by looking at each others prints.  Lately I have been working on some different extruder designs.  I am running one of the Hadron ORD bots.  (The blue printers with the maker slide)  How many people would possibly be interested in meeting up?  Any thoughts on potential meeting places? I live in North Plains.

Matt Bailey

Sent from my iPhone

Shawn.W.Small

Dec 20, 2012, 3:39:05 PM12/20/12
to print...@googlegroups.com
I would love to be a part of that and check out the new Rep 2

Shawn Small
Entrepreneur | Engineer | Cyclist

Sandb...@aol.com

Dec 20, 2012, 3:51:06 PM12/20/12
to print...@googlegroups.com
Me too!

Daryl Sandberg
Entrepreneur | Old Fart |  Deviant

Trevor deVos

Dec 20, 2012, 4:52:27 PM12/20/12
to print...@googlegroups.com
I'm definitely up for it. Does anyone have a good spot in Portland? A weekend would be best for those of us that might have a drive.

Aaron Eiche

Dec 20, 2012, 5:11:12 PM12/20/12
to print3dpdx
I agree about the weekend. Saturdays would be best for me. Brainsilo might be an option, though I don't know how much table space they have ATM.

Tom Frisch

Dec 20, 2012, 8:34:43 PM12/20/12
to print...@googlegroups.com, Rick Burkard
Ask and ye shall receive.  My friend Scott Tse and I were just planning such an event at his house, so we're extending the invite to the print3pdx list.  I'll be there with my Mendel90 and our donor franken-mendel. Please let me know if you are coming.

Bring your 3D printers and STL files if you have 'em or other geek project you want to share. I'll provide plenty of beer and we'll split the cost of pizzas. We'll talk Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Kickstarter, Wearable Electronics, and the Internet of Things. Oh it will be so hot.

Saturday January 19th
2943 NE 52nd
5:30-10:30

-Tom

--
---------------------------------------
Tom Frisch  /  t...@tom11.com  /  mobile: 503.473.2801  /  www.tom11.com

Aaron Eiche

Dec 20, 2012, 8:44:32 PM12/20/12
to print3dpdx

Awesome, I'm super excited!

Mike Payson

Dec 20, 2012, 8:53:50 PM12/20/12
to print...@googlegroups.com
Sounds great, I will bring the brand new, as yet unreleased MendelMax 2.0 along!

Note, if this is like someof the meetups we had in Seattle, you should plan for 30-40 people, hope you have a big house. :-)

Tom Frisch

Dec 20, 2012, 9:07:12 PM12/20/12
to print...@googlegroups.com
40 people would be too much I'd imagine.  We'll play it by ear and cut it off, or look for a larger venue if too many people want to come.  I guess we're open to a larger either way venue, but at least this is a sure thing.

-Tom

Z LeHericy

Dec 20, 2012, 9:13:07 PM12/20/12
to print...@googlegroups.com
If there's room, I'd love to bring some of the Corvallis Reprap/tecshop/makerbot ppl along with me (i'll be coming up from Corvallis)

Sounds like it's shaping up to be a really cool get together!

-Zeno LeHericy

//((=:Z:=))\\
INVENTIONS
Technologies
zinventions.com

Daniel Johnson

Dec 21, 2012, 1:12:23 AM12/21/12
to print...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 6:13 PM, Z LeHericy <zen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If there's room, I'd love to bring some of the Corvallis
> Reprap/tecshop/makerbot ppl along with me (i'll be coming up from Corvallis)
>
> Sounds like it's shaping up to be a really cool get together!

I was at Puppet Labs last night. Their new office has a very big community room.

Matt Bailey

Dec 21, 2012, 2:39:28 AM12/21/12
to print...@googlegroups.com, <print3dpdx@googlegroups.com>, Rick Burkard
Tom, I will be there with my printer.

Matt

Sent from my iPad

Trevor deVos

Dec 21, 2012, 12:28:30 PM12/21/12
to print...@googlegroups.com

I'd like to shoot up from Corvallis as well if there's room. I should have my Kinect based 3d scanning system setup by then. I'll bring it along.

Z LeHericy, could you tell me more about the Corvallis group?

David Jones

Dec 21, 2012, 12:35:54 PM12/21/12
to print...@googlegroups.com
I'm interested in attending.  I can bring my Ultimaker!

Aaron Eiche

Dec 21, 2012, 1:12:52 PM12/21/12
to print3dpdx
I'll bring along my printrboard'd cupcake, though time will tell if I actually have it working by then :)

Tom Frisch

Dec 21, 2012, 1:44:10 PM12/21/12
to print...@googlegroups.com
Here's who we have so far.  I'm getting pretty excited as it's a great way to see all the different printers out there and compare/contrast.  Very psyched to see Mendel Max2, Ultimaker and Kinect 3D scanner, as I've only read about those.  Matt Bailey's Ord Hadron is quite drool worthy as well.

1 Scott Tse w/ Frankenmendel project

2 Tom Frisch w/ Mendel 90

3 Mike Payson w/ Mendel Max2

4 Aaron Eiche w/ Cupcake/Printrboard

5 Nick Schoeps

6 Matt Bailey w/ Ord Hadron

7 David Jones w/ Ultimaker

8 Z LeHericy w/ Cupcake

9 Trevor deVos w/ Kinect 3D scanner

Let me know if you are coming and are not on this list. If we go over 15 then we should find a bigger space to meet.

-Tom

Trevor deVos

Dec 21, 2012, 1:54:09 PM12/21/12
to print...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for organizing this Tom. This sounds great! Can anyone bring a Replicator 2? I'd love to see one in the flesh.

Trevor

Z LeHericy

Dec 21, 2012, 2:01:50 PM12/21/12
to print...@googlegroups.com
I haven't done too much with them, but last i checked they had a Prusa Mendel hobbling along.

Here's their blog: https://sites.google.com/site/corvallisreprap/

It seems by the blog that maybe they've disbanded, but they still have an active google group, so i'll send out some feelers

-Zeno LeHericy

//((=:Z:=))\\
INVENTIONS
Technologies
zinventions.com

Matt Bailey

Dec 21, 2012, 2:12:59 PM12/21/12
to print...@googlegroups.com, <print3dpdx@googlegroups.com>
Tom,

You should bring you mini mill CNC conversion too. ;)

Matt

Sent from my iPhone

Z LeHericy

Dec 21, 2012, 6:56:59 PM12/21/12
to print...@googlegroups.com, corvallis-techshop
I'm linking this email thread to the Corvallis TechShop list :-)

-Zeno LeHericy

//((=:Z:=))\\
INVENTIONS
Technologies
zinventions.com

Ryan Gerrish

Dec 23, 2012, 7:54:43 PM12/23/12
to print...@googlegroups.com
I can make it! I have most Saturdays off.

Ryan Gerrish w/ Replicator 2

Trevor deVos

Jan 3, 2013, 4:43:17 PM1/3/13
to print...@googlegroups.com
I'm having a hell of a time with the Kinect drivers for the scanner. Hope to have it figured out by the 19th though!

Trevor

Nick S

Jan 9, 2013, 2:50:57 AM1/9/13
to print...@googlegroups.com
Hey folks,

If there's interest in a bit bigger meet-up space, or perhaps just another meet-up, I've managed to talk my management into letting us use our generous shop space and presentation room sometime next month, close in NE Portland (Motoczysz). This all was the outcome of talking with Tom and Scott about their party and how we might accommodate a larger group, possibly inviting the dorkbot community as well, but I wanted to start here. Not sure if 4-6 weeks is too soon.

Let me know what you think?

Cheers,
Nick

TB3d

Jan 12, 2013, 8:16:42 PM1/12/13
to print...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to come and look at the hardware.  I'm not sure if my machine is all that interesting... I built an early MendelMax (circa Jan 2012, oh so long ago), and have printed about 4 lbs of mistakes. But I'd still like to come.

Todd

On Friday, December 21, 2012 10:44:10 AM UTC-8, Tom Frisch wrote:
Here's who we have so far... Let me know if you are coming and are not on this list.

Mike Payson

Jan 12, 2013, 9:25:06 PM1/12/13
to print...@googlegroups.com
Hi Todd,

Pretty sure I remember you buying one of my very earliest kits. I did not know you were in the Portland area (or if I did previously I have long since forgotten!). I moved down here in July.

Definitely come and check out the new MendelMax 2. I think you will like it. :-)

Let me know if you need help getting your printer up and running. I am not the best printer tuner in the world-- I am far better at designing them than I am at debugging them-- but I am happy to come by and help you debug!

Mike

Todd Brunhoff

Jan 12, 2013, 10:24:29 PM1/12/13
to print...@googlegroups.com, Mike Payson
Mike, yes that's me. Your kit fit the bill nicely and the printer is working pretty well. My problem is that I keep pushing it to make it better and end up playing whack-a-mole; e.g., I'm printing at 120mm/sec. Perhaps I'll bring the machine along to the meeting next week.

And yes, I'd like to meet you and the MM2.0 in person.

Todd