Fwd: PARTS meeting

Monty Goodson

Nov 3, 2012, 1:23:49 AM11/3/12
to print...@googlegroups.com
Anyone thinking about building their own 3D printer may be interested in the Portland Area Robotics Society meeting tomorrow morning, as they will be auctioning off some nice industrial machine parts.
See below.

Saturday, 10:30 AM, Rm 103, Engineering Building, PSU, (SW 4th Ave & College St.)

Monty

Begin forwarded message:

From: Scott Dixon <ya...@dixons.mailworks.org>
Subject: [PARTS] Next meeting reminder
Date: October 31, 2012 10:50:35 AM PDT

Remember that this Saturday, Nov 3rd, is the monthly PARTS meeting.  Details are on the PARTS web site (www.portlandrobotics.org).  This month we are having a presentation by Ivar Thorson entitled
"JIMI: A Carbon Fiber Hopping Monopod Robot".  In addition, we are having the second part of our fund raising auction.  This time, we have a number of interesting parts on offer, including:

3x 2' long ball lead screws with recirculating-ball nuts
2x 2' long linear slides
6x pillow blocks to support the lead screws
The parts above will be auctioned as a set.  Great start for a 3 axis CNC machine or other positioning robot!

Another ball lead screw with recirculating-ball nut
Heavy duty, industrial quality limit switches
Ball reducer (1:368) with attached AC servo motor (3000RPM, 3-phase, 60W, 100VAC, 1.3A)
A couple RocketPort serial port expander PCI cards (8x DB9 RS232 ports per card)
A bunch of double-micro-switch & plunger style switches (like we auctioned off last time)
A couple data acquisition interface boxes
A bunch of linear slide blocks (without the rails)
A bunch of pillow blocks

Please bring cash or checks to buy some of this great stuff and support PARTS.

See you there!
Scott

Mike Payson

Nov 3, 2012, 3:10:54 AM11/3/12
to print...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for emailing this, I just moved from Seattle and miss the monthly Seattle Robotics meetings, so I will try to make it tomorrow!