Anyone use plastic beads, not filament?

Nathan McCorkle

Nov 3, 2014, 3:10:10 AM11/3/14
to print...@googlegroups.com
I'm looking for someone in town that might be able to test some
different bead formulations, I might be able to get the stuff as
filament, but I know for certain I can get beads.

Thanks!

--
-Nathan

Tom Frisch

Nov 3, 2014, 9:47:29 AM11/3/14
to print...@googlegroups.com
I do have one of those filament makers they sold on kickstarter a few years ago, but it's still sitting in a box unassbled.  It takes the beads, heats and extrudes them into filament.

---------------------------------------
Tom Frisch  /  t...@tom11.com  /  mobile: 503.473.2801  /  www.tom11.com

Nathan McCorkle

Nov 10, 2014, 5:39:48 PM11/10/14
to print...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 6:47 AM, Tom Frisch <t...@tom11.com> wrote:
> I do have one of those filament makers they sold on kickstarter a few years
> ago, but it's still sitting in a box unassbled. It takes the beads, heats
> and extrudes them into filament.

Thanks Tom! I found this printer that skips the filament-making
completely... I was wondering if someone around town had something
like this already:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sculptify/david-the-next-step-in-3d-printing

If someone did, I would be interested in seeing if I could give you
some differently formulated beads to try extruding into a model.

The idea is to try pellets/beads that have a similar content to this
jewelers paste (except that the beads are hard, not paste):
http://www.minimetalmaker.com/technology