Introduction

Christian Hammer

Sep 21, 2012, 1:38:45 PM9/21/12
to print...@googlegroups.com
I have a PrinterBot that I am currently calibrating... SO no finished prints yet.

Working on a 4-Axis CNC router, with a build envelope of 24"x18"x12" with XYZA axis using the hobbyCNC 4 axis controller board. Mostly extruded aluminum frame, X axis is currently ACME threaded rod using linear bearings and rods from an old large format plotter. Y and Z use the rails, bearings and guides from an old cart network back-up device. A (rotational on the part not on the head) is combination of parts from the back-up system and a lathe chuck. It was working great but decided I wanted a bigger envelope.

 I have plans for a DLP/projector or UV LASER based resin printer after I finish the 4 axis machine. I have a supplier for resin that fits the bill and is fairly cheap, but getting high pressure UV lighting through a projector might not be fast enough to not difuse out... THus the thought of using a UV laser, but that complicates an otherwise simple and elegant build. Just in the ideation phase.

Would love to connect up with others in the PDX metro area.