3D Printing for a Game Maker Camp

Jeffrey Sens

Nov 28, 2012, 7:56:10 PM11/28/12
to print...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I just learned about the group from ADX.  We're creating a Maker camp for video game education--right now it's mainly for middle to high school age youths.  We're really interested in using 3D printers to bring their creations into the physical world.

Does your group have any regular events or meetups?  We'd love to meet people and see how we could bring 3D printing into the camps.

Thanks!

Jeffrey

Aaron Eiche

Nov 28, 2012, 8:04:22 PM11/28/12
to print3dpdx
We don't (AFAIK), but we should. Anyone want to venture a meetup date?

Chris Crewdson

Nov 28, 2012, 8:13:43 PM11/28/12
to print...@googlegroups.com
If you are interested in what OMSI has to offer or working with them, Kristin Bayans (KBa...@omsi.edu) is the Tech Lab coordinator. They have three Makerbot Replicators that I run on Saturday mornings.

Maybe some cooperation could be done there? They are eventually targeting the same age group with the OMSI Maker Center, but that is a ways out.

Jeffrey Sens

Nov 28, 2012, 8:55:30 PM11/28/12
to print...@googlegroups.com
We are! Thanks for the contact information; we had a great time at OMSI mini-maker faire.