Glass build plates

Chris Crewdson

Jan 23, 2013, 1:30:37 PM1/23/13
to print...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone here attempted to find someone to cut glass for a glass
build plate like Thing 36651? (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:36651)

I'd like to try it and I'm sure someone around here has and can cut
the glass, I just don't know where to go.

Tom Frisch

Jan 23, 2013, 1:42:40 PM1/23/13
to print...@googlegroups.com
I'm just using window glass for mine, cut from a spare piece I had in my basement.  It's very easy to cut with a $10 tool, or the hardware store will cut to size for you.
I've heard that frosted glass works best for adhesion, but my normal glass with some ABS/Acetone goo works great.

-Tom
--
Tom Frisch  /  t...@tom11.com  /  mobile: 503.473.2801  /  www.tom11.com

Ryan Gerrish

Jan 30, 2013, 1:09:36 AM1/30/13
to print...@googlegroups.com
I had a glass place in Beaverton cut my 2 glass plates for my Rep 2. I took the acrylic stock plate in and had them copy it. $11 per plate, done in 15 minutes...