@price_check and http://grocercyhoice.com.au

Rob Manson

Jun 28, 2009, 10:48:31 PM6/28/09
to Christopher Zinn, price...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

I'm sure whoever is managing your @choiceaustralia twitter account has
mentioned that we've setup @price_check as we've shared a few tweets
with them...however thought we'd send you an email out of courtesy to
let you know too.

NOTE: In only 24hrs from when we setup the account on Saturday
night we had more than 350 people visit the google group and
attracted more than 90 followers. We're now up over 120 and
growing and we've even got a collection of Senators and
journalists following us too.

We'd really like to hear from CHOICE how we can (as a public group) play
a constructive role in all of this.

We are not specifically taking CHOICE's side on this matter - we are
simply stating that "Refusing to share this data is NOT how a
responsible corporate citizen behaves". I think a common thread that
has attracted this group is the idea that "Open Data is in the public's
best interest".

Please feel free to follow @price_check, join the google group
(http://tr.im/price_check ) and discuss with the whole group what you
see the issues are and how you think we could help.

We are also aware that this is a highly political and public process so
we will understand if your engagement is low key at the moment.

Best of luck with the negotiations...

Rob Manson
(One of the @price_check community members)