"Language in multimodal conversational AI for high-end fashion marketplaces", Ricardo Sousa (FARFETCH)

Diogo Pernes

Apr 12, 2022, 6:33:11 AM4/12/22
to priberam_...@googlegroups.com, isr-...@isr.tecnico.ulisboa.pt, si...@omni.isr.ist.utl.pt
Dear all,

The Priberam Machine Learning Seminars will continue to take place remotely via Zoom on Tuesdays at 1 PM.

Next Tuesday, 19 April, Ricardo Sousa, a Principal Data Scientist at FARFETCH, will speak about conversational systems for high-end fashion marketplaces at 1 PM (WEST) (zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89951714782?pwd=Rms3TllhU2hqWTRGMTVjOXdRbVhyUT09).

You can register for this event and keep watch on future seminars below:

We look forward to having you join us!

Kind regards,
Diogo Pernes

Priberam Labs
http://labs.priberam.com/

Priberam is hiring!
If you are interested in working with us please consult the available positions at priberam.com/careers.

Image result for priberam logoPRIBERAM SEMINARS     Zoom 899 5171 4782

Priberam Machine Learning Lunch Seminar
Speaker: Ricardo Sousa (FARFETCH)
Venue: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89951714782?pwd=Rms3TllhU2hqWTRGMTVjOXdRbVhyUT09
Date: Tuesday, April 19th, 2022
Time: 13:00
Title:

Language in multimodal conversational AI for high-end fashion marketplaces

Abstract:
At Priberam, we will discuss one of the pillars of a conversational system: context, building on the momentum of the previous session regarding the tools built by our team to have representative visual encodings. To accomplish this, we must first gain a deeper understanding of the many agent categories, as well as which strategy one should employ: neural approaches or template-based methods. Later on, we will share how updates to the conversation state need to reflect the key choices that were made in the previous turn and how one can take advantage of the improvements to neural models.
Short Bio:
Ricardo Sousa is Principal Data Scientist at FARFETCH. Driven to quickly trial novel Machine Learning approaches to disrupt different business areas, Ricardo was one key contributor in the “Search and Discovery” cluster. As a manager of Data Science, he co-lead four multidisciplinary product development teams composed of product, engineers, and scientists.
Ricardo is currently leading the conversational commerce initiatives at FARFETCH to disrupt the high-end fashion commerce industry and contribute to novel solutions with Conversational AI Agents.
With research interest in fields related to Information Retrieval leverage by modern Machine Learning, Computer Vision and Natural Language Processing he continues to contribute to the scientific community with articles in journals, conferences about his work at FARFETCH and co-organizing international events such as Multimodal Conversational AI Agents at ACM Multimedia.

Diogo Pernes

Apr 19, 2022, 4:47:29 AM4/19/22

Today, 19 April, Ricardo Sousa, a Principal Data Scientist at FARFETCH, will speak about conversational systems for high-end fashion marketplaces at 1 PM (WEST) (zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89951714782?pwd=Rms3TllhU2hqWTRGMTVjOXdRbVhyUT09).