Thursday July 11th, 13:00, PA2: Sebastião Miranda on "INSIGHT: Advancing NLP for scaling-up Media Monitoring and Technology Watch"

Sebastião Miranda

Jul 3, 2019, 5:38:26 AM7/3/19
to priberam_...@googlegroups.com

Hello all,

Next week we'll have the last machine learning seminar of this season, presented by myself, Sebastião Miranda, Senior Software Engineer at Priberam, on "INSIGHT: Advancing NLP for scaling-up Media Monitoring and Technology Watch" on Thursday July 11th at 13:00h (room PA2- Pav. Matemática, IST).

Due to a large number of leftovers, we kindly ask you to please register only if you intend to attend the event:
https://www.eventbrite.pt/e/insight-advancing-nlp-for-scaling-up-media-monitoring-and-technology-watch-tickets-64658144250

PS: Last week I announced at the event that it was the last seminar this season, but we decided to give another one. I apologize for the confusion.

Best regards,
Sebastião Miranda,
sebastia...@priberam.pt

Priberam Labs
http://labs.priberam.com/

Priberam

https://www.priberam.com/

Priberam is hiring!

If you are interested in working with us please send your info to labs@priberam.pt

Image result for priberam logoPRIBERAM SEMINARS   --  Room PA2

Priberam Machine Learning Lunch Seminar
Speaker:  Sebastião Miranda (Priberam Labs)
Venue: IST Alameda, Room PA2 (Pavilhão de Matemática)
Date: Thursday, July 11th, 2019
Time: 13:00 (Lunch will be provided)

Title:

INSIGHT: Advancing NLP for scaling-up Media Monitoring and Technology Watch

Abstract:

We'll discuss how Priberam is applying machine learning to the problems of Media Monitoring and Technology Watch in the context of the INSIGHT P2020 project. We'll show a working prototype and describe the developed microservices platform, and how the several NLP components come into play. In particular, we'll give an overview of the inner workings of the core machine learning models developed by Priberam, such as crosslingual clustering, named entity recognition and linking, document summarization, topic detection and sentiment analysis.
This work is supported by the Lisbon Regional Operational Programme (Lisboa 2020), under the Portugal 2020 Partnership Agreement, through the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), within project INSIGHT (Nº 033869)

Bio:

Sebastião works in the R&D department of Priberam, having taken leading roles in several R&D projects over the past few years. He specializes in design, development and full-stack integration of Natural Language Processing systems into applications in the Media, Legal and Healthcare industries – He is actively searching for new opportunities for transferring state-of-the-art research results into successful products. Sebastião holds an MSc. in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Instituto Superior Técnico (University of Lisbon), 2014.

More info:
http://labs.priberam.com/Academia-Partnerships/Seminars.aspx

Eventbrite: