result of code comparison

Andreas Greuel

May 26, 2014, 4:12:28 AM5/26/14
to prett...@googlegroups.com
here's another test case:

- Function: Compare Code
- Code type: Plain Text
- Base Text: IF RNGZ2 < 0
- New Text: IF P672-NGZ2 < 0
- Press Execute

expected: "R" replaced with "P672-"
displayed: "RNGZ" replaced with "P67" and " < 0" replaced with "-NGZ2 < 0"

Cheney, Edward A SFC USARMY (US)

May 26, 2014, 10:49:21 PM5/26/14
to prett...@googlegroups.com
Andreas,

This is a really hard one. If in the "new" sample P672 is replaced with P673 the ideal pattern is realized in the output. The problem in this case is that 2 of RNG72 identifies with the 2 of P672. What makes your designed output more correct than the current output is that "NGZ2" is a longer sequences of characters than the "2" of P672. I will sleep on this over the night and consider how I can account for character length in the matching.

Thanks,
Austin
May 28, 2014, 3:29:08 AM5/28/14
to prett...@googlegroups.com
here's a similar test case:

- Function: Compare Code
- Code type: Plain Text
- Base Text: MOVE 0 TO RBETR
- New Text: MOVE 0 TO P672-BETR
- Press Execute

expected: "R" replaced with "P672-"

displayed: "P672-BET" inserted before "RBETR", which aren't the correct changes to produce the new text.

Cheney, Edward A SFC USARMY (US)

Jun 3, 2014, 9:45:05 PM6/3/14
to prett...@googlegroups.com
Andreas,

Please try the tool now and see if it is better.

Austin
Jun 4, 2014, 11:14:34 AM6/4/14
to prett...@googlegroups.com
the 2nd test case works fine now, but unfortunately the following test case doesn't display the correct differences:

- Function: Compare Code
- Code type: Plain Text

- Base Text: MOVE 'D1' TO RZUGUP
- New Text: MOVE 'D1' TO P672SCHA
- Press Execute

Austin Cheney

Jun 13, 2014, 12:43:52 AM6/13/14
to prett...@googlegroups.com
Andreas,

Please try it now.

Thanks,
Austin

Message has been deleted

Andreas Greuel

Jun 24, 2014, 4:13:48 AM6/24/14
to prett...@googlegroups.com
all issues fixed so far, here's another one:

- Function: Compare Code
- Code type: Plain Text
- Base Text: MOVE DZUDAV TO R67DA
- New Text: MOVE DZUDAV TO P672ZUDA
- Press Execute

expected: "R" replaced with "P" and "2ZU" inserted
displayed: "R" replaced with "P" and "DA" replaced with "2ZUDA"

Akshay phadte

Dec 21, 2015, 6:48:12 AM12/21/15
to Pretty Diff
Hi Austin,

I am facing a similar issue:
Base Text :the pretty diff is very good lib ,i want to use this lib for text or string compare.

New Text: the pretty diff is very good lib ,i want to use this particular lib for text or string compare.

Result is showing "particular lib" as the modified text, but actually i have just added "particular" string to New text.

Similarly if my New Text: the pretty diff very is very good lib ,i want to use this particular lib for text or string compare.

The result is not up to the mark.

Thanks
Akshay

Akshay phadte

Dec 21, 2015, 6:48:16 AM12/21/15
to Pretty Diff
On Friday, June 13, 2014 at 12:43:52 AM UTC-4, Austin Cheney wrote:
Hi Austin,

I am also facing similar issues:

Base Text:the pretty diff is very good lib ,i want to use this lib for text or string compare.

New Text:the pretty diff very is very good lib ,i want to use this particular lib for text or string compare.

compare Result:"is very good lib ,i " and " particular lib "

Thanks
Akshay

Austin Cheney

Dec 21, 2015, 6:59:36 AM12/21/15
to Pretty Diff
Akshay,

I opened an issue for this: https://github.com/prettydiff/prettydiff/issues/241

The next release is dedicated to fixing diff and node related bugs: https://github.com/prettydiff/prettydiff/milestones/v1.16.5

Akshay phadte

Mar 9, 2016, 7:43:36 AM3/9/16
to Pretty Diff

Hi Austin,

Thanks For the early query updates.

Base Text : ver_con_31_con_31 (265) - document deleted. EST2016/02/12 at 13:43
New Text : ver_con_31_con_31 (265) - document deleted. EIndEStTEST2016/02/12 at 13:43
Result : EIndEStTEST2016/02/12
Expected Result :EIndEStT

I have found the diff breaking in the above senario. Can we have a fix for it?

Thanks
Akshay

in...@prettydiff.com

Mar 10, 2016, 3:14:11 PM3/10/16
to prett...@googlegroups.com
Akshay,

Thanks for that. I have opened an issue for tracking:
https://github.com/prettydiff/prettydiff/issues/289

Austin