Are there plans to support huge very different documents?

Mike

Mar 28, 2014, 4:59:52 PM3/28/14
to prett...@googlegroups.com
Currently, when you have 2 different and very long documents, prettydiff just hangs your browser. Are there plans to timeout after a while and just say "hey, these are too different/too long"?

Cheney, Edward A SFC USARMY (US)

Mar 28, 2014, 6:05:30 PM3/28/14
to prett...@googlegroups.com
Mike,

I could work something in. I likely solve for this by introducing options into the web tool. These options would allow a user to specify a maximum size of input and a separate option for maximum number of differences. If the max input size is exceeded the tool would throw a warning. If the maximum number of differences is exceeded then return prematurely with the differences so far. I would not likely expose these options to command line APIs since this would disrupt automation in an environment where execution duration is less observed.

Austin
Currently, when you have 2 different and very long documents, prettydiff just hangs your browser. Are there plans to timeout after a while and just say "hey, these are too different/too long"?

Mike

Apr 1, 2014, 5:23:23 PM4/1/14
to prett...@googlegroups.com
That sounds good! So I will still be able to access this function by setting api object?
example:
{'source' : ...,
'diff': ...,
'max_lengh': ...,