xml diff report output not the same as UI results

Huzaifa S

Feb 17, 2016, 11:09:19 AM2/17/16
to Pretty Diff
I am using plain old vanilla javascript here..
When comparing two XML documents using the web front end, everything works. But when I do it using code I am not getting the same output...here is my code

var options = {
source: srcXML, // old XML
diff: diffXML, // new XML
mode: "diff",
diffview: "inline"
};

var pd = prettydiff(options); // returns and array: [beautified, report]

var pretty = pd[0]; // this result is not inline and the # of line difference does not match what the UI returns.

Can someone tell me what might be wrong?

Huzaifa S

Feb 17, 2016, 8:04:25 PM2/17/16
to Pretty Diff

-----

I was able to figure out the solution to my by seeking help at https://gitter.im/prettydiff/prettydiff

If you set the api option to "", the report is rendered properly as expected.