indent style checking using pretty tool

zinat shaikh

May 5, 2014, 8:56:55 AM5/5/14
to prett...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I want a tool where in am using a specific style and against that style am checking the difference between the two C programs.
So rather then giving the difference i just want to print that its not following the given style. So does the Pretty tool does that.

Regards,
Zinat Shaikh

Cheney, Edward A SFC USARMY (US)

May 5, 2014, 1:50:23 PM5/5/14
to prett...@googlegroups.com
Zinat,

It sounds like you need a lint or validation tool opposed to a beautifier or diff tool. Your intention is to provide a set of rules and test to see if a sample of code conforms to those rules. Pretty Diff does not validate code and has no intention of becoming a validation tool at this time. I am not aware of any validation tools for the C language, as I do not write in that language, but I am sure there are likely some out there.

Austin
May 5, 2014, 2:00:07 PM5/5/14
to prett...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sir,

            Yes exactly that way Sir provided a set of rules like suppose take GNU style so tool  should check for the same like only these many whitespaces etc and  output should only say whether its following those rules or not..

Regards,
Zinat Shaikh