deprecation warning when installing pretext on Mac

Sean Fitzpatrick

May 26, 2023, 1:06:03 PM5/26/23
to PreTeXt support
I'm helping Mike May with his PreTeXt setup. He was still on pretextbook 0.6.3, so we uninstalled that and installed pretext via pip. He gets the following deprecation warning:

DEPRECATION: Configuring installation scheme with distutils config files is deprecated and will no longer work in the near future. If you are using a Homebrew or Linuxbrew Python, please see discussion at https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/issues/76621

Is there anything he has to do about this?

Oscar Levin

May 26, 2023, 11:24:26 PM5/26/23
to pretext...@googlegroups.com
From what I read at the GitHub issue, I don't think you need to worry about this.