PreTeXt guide

Valerio De Angelis

May 24, 2023, 3:48:01 PM5/24/23
to PreTeXt support
I am new to PreTeXt and yesterday I started reading the PreTexT guide at
I used a github account I already had (not a .edu account) and I was able to generate a first draft of a document, but then I found a few discrepancies with the PreTeXt guide, so I thought I would report them here in case it's useful.
In  section 2.2.1 of the guide, "Building for web",  while the VS Code window that opened through  Codespaces seemed to fit the description (and the main.ptx U tab was already  selected), I could not find any of the three methods  described in the guide to do the build. There is no green triangle in the top right corner, no "Pretext
 commands" menu in the Explore panel on the left, and Command-Option-b (on Mac) opens a different menu from the one described in the guide. The menu that opens has four items and the first says "web build source as web", so that seemed right and I chose it and I got a message that it was successful, with a button "View output". When I clicked the button it gave me a menu with two choices: Use Live Preview Use PreTeXt view commandThe first choice will show the output in a window that opens on the right. Thesecond choice will open again the menu with four entries, the first of which is"web build source as web" and clicking that it will open the output in a new tab.

Rob Beezer

May 24, 2023, 4:00:32 PM5/24/23
to pretext...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Valerio! Steven or Oscar should be able to work through these. (Steven
is off with a group working on interactive exercises, but should be back at it
in a few days.)

Rob

(Welcome to PreTeXt!)
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pretext-support/4114a57d-fa46-4679-b11d-b80bc979e20cn%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pretext-support/4114a57d-fa46-4679-b11d-b80bc979e20cn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Oscar Levin

May 25, 2023, 12:57:46 AM5/25/23
to pretext...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reminder about this.  I will get some updated guidance out early next week.

Oscar.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pretext-support/MTAwMDAwMC5iZWV6ZXI.1684958428%40quikprotect.

Steven Clontz

May 25, 2023, 10:06:30 AM5/25/23
to PreTeXt support
Oscar - maybe we cut a new CLI release, update the guide, and I'll record a new video for the tutorial?

Valerio De Angelis

May 25, 2023, 4:38:33 PM5/25/23
to PreTeXt support
As a follow up, I wanted to report that the video done in March 2023 by Steven (in Section 2.3 of the guide) is actually updated and describes exactly what I see in the github codespace.