PreTeXt book for operations research?

Steven Clontz

Feb 9, 2023, 12:18:34 PM2/9/23
to PreTeXt support
Is anyone aware of a PreTeXt book for teaching operations research?

Screenshot 2023-02-09 111749.png

David Austin

Feb 9, 2023, 4:12:39 PM2/9/23
to pretext...@googlegroups.com
I'm not aware of such a book, but I'd be interested to see one.

On Thu, Feb 9, 2023 at 12:19 PM Steven Clontz <steven...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is anyone aware of a PreTeXt book for teaching operations research?

Screenshot 2023-02-09 111749.png

Steven Clontz

Feb 9, 2023, 4:31:25 PM2/9/23
to PreTeXt support

kcri...@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2023, 7:10:28 AM2/10/23
to PreTeXt support
I did try to convince a colleague to make his new undergrad-focused OR book an OER, but alas he went with the editorial and marketing capabilities of a known publisher.

Side note: Which publisher, in this case, was able to pay significant amounts for students to check and write solutions to exercises, help with code, and other things like that. I wish there was more regular (as opposed to grant-based) infrastructure for that kind of thing in the OER space, which many faculty simply don't have time or interest to pull off, but which is crucial for adoption of many types of texts.  It would obviously make it much more appealing to those without a clear philosophical commitment to OER to develop new texts aimed at different audiences.

Steven Clontz

Feb 10, 2023, 7:44:12 AM2/10/23
to pretext...@googlegroups.com
> Which publisher, in this case, was able to...

This is something the PROSE project is looking into...