Issues with Worksheet Print Formatting (CSS?)

Mitch Keller

May 15, 2024, 4:55:54 PMMay 15
to pretext...@googlegroups.com
I’m helping with a workshop in Denver right now, and we’ve got folks interested in worksheets. We’re seeing some really weird behavior in how browsers are rendering the PDF when trying to print a worksheet. It seems like something has regressed in the CSS for printing. I am attaching three examples from https://pretextbook.org/doc/guide/html/basics-sample-worksheet-letter.html as well as another example produced from something that I can’t readily link to, but I think getting what’s in the PreTeXt Guide working right would solve things globally.

Mitch
chrome-linux-second-worksheet.pdf
chrome-linux-skeletal-worksheet.pdf
chrome-mac-skeletal-worksheet.pdf
safari-skeletal-worksheet.pdf

Andrew Scholer

May 15, 2024, 5:44:49 PMMay 15
to pretext...@googlegroups.com
Mitch -

If you are looking for a short-term fix, you can try deleting these lines from pretext_add_on.css:

If you do that to the file _static/pretext/pretext_add_on.css in our output directory and then refresh the page, it should improve printing. If you rebuild the project however it is going to wipe out your changes.

This probably is worth a more robust solution... do you want to post on pretext-dev or make an issue on github?

Andrew Scholer (he/him/his)
Computer Science Instructor/Program Chair
Chemeketa Community College

Message has been deleted

Spencer Bagley

Jul 5, 2024, 5:12:27 PM (12 days ago) Jul 5
to PreTeXt support
I created a pull request to do this -- thanks!