French pretext version of Diffyqs

Juan Carlos Bustamante

May 8, 2023, 10:20:08 AM5/8/23
to PreTeXt support
Hello to everyone,
Last week David helped me with a conversion from LateX to pretext of a French version of (a big part of) Lebl's book on differential equations. I've been struggling with the converted version, the build process leads to an .html, but unfortunately I am not able to set the paths correctly for the figures.

Can anyone help? Should I go to today's meeting with this question?

Thanks in advance!

JC

Sean Fitzpatrick

May 9, 2023, 5:01:55 PM5/9/23
to pretext...@googlegroups.com
For the record, this was (I think) sorted out -- JC and I did an unofficial drop-in meeting on Monday.

Images in the assets folder were in PDF, but the html build looks for SVG, even if PDF is specified as source. We converted the PDF to SVG.

Tikz images were not building because the initial conversion from LaTeX had a bunch of macros that were related to book structure rather than math commands, and those had to be removed.

Rob Beezer

May 9, 2023, 5:28:45 PM5/9/23
to pretext...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Sean, for the "unofficial" Drop-In, and for getting this sorted out.
Plus reporting back.

> LaTeX had a bunch of macros that were related to book structure

;-)

> the html build looks for SVG, even
> if PDF is specified as source

I didn't check, but it might be more accurate that the HTML conversion does not
know what to do with the PDF and so defaults to SVG. Anyway, good to have that
fixed for JC's project.

We should have Brad back soon to help you with your Runestone server.

Rob
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pretext-support/705dcf46-7983-4f9c-a6dd-8f5d553591c0n%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pretext-support/705dcf46-7983-4f9c-a6dd-8f5d553591c0n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pretext-support/90f6bd20-d020-c7d3-3835-30ca1707d8c1%40gmail.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pretext-support/90f6bd20-d020-c7d3-3835-30ca1707d8c1%40gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Sean Fitzpatrick

May 9, 2023, 5:57:47 PM5/9/23
to pretext...@googlegroups.com
Good to know!

I mostly need Brad's help because the ReadTheDocs page for Runestone
tells you how to get the Docker container up and running, but seems to
stop short of telling you what to do with all the config files.
So really I am just trying to help with the documentation :-)

Juan Carlos Bustamante

May 10, 2023, 8:39:56 AM5/10/23
to pretext...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I confirm, the issues about the figures are solved now. I commented a bunch of LaTeX macros, so the tikz figures are now o.k.

JC