"knowls" in Evince

Sean Fitzpatrick

Dec 28, 2020, 11:53:51 PM12/28/20
to PreTeXt support
Maybe this has been possible all along, but I just noticed a cool thing: if you hover over a hyperlink using the Evince document viewer, you get a preview of the element being linked to!

2020-12-28_21-51.png

Rob Beezer

Dec 29, 2020, 12:39:32 AM12/29/20
to pretext...@googlegroups.com
http://www.2-node-supercomputer.net/2020/blog-20201114-evince-link-preview.html

Must be a benefit of being on Ubuntu 20.10. To compensate for the pain.

20.04 only has Evince 3.36.7, so I've not been seeing it. Though maybe I'll get
it on an update.

Thanks for the heads-up. Very nice.

Rob

On 12/28/20 8:53 PM, Sean Fitzpatrick wrote:
> Maybe this has been possible all along, but I just noticed a cool thing: if you
> hover over a hyperlink using the Evince document viewer, you get a preview of
> the element being linked to!
>
> 2020-12-28_21-51.png
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pretext-support/2c517dea-b2ef-4edf-9034-0d7ae6148ce4n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pretext-support/2c517dea-b2ef-4edf-9034-0d7ae6148ce4n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Sean Fitzpatrick

Dec 29, 2020, 4:37:55 PM12/29/20
to PreTeXt support
I've got version 3.38.

Just checked and this feature is not available in the paid version of Acrobat.