Runestone assignment exercise ordering

Alex Jordan

Apr 7, 2023, 6:24:35 PM4/7/23
to pretext...@googlegroups.com
Earlier today Brad and I built ORCCA on Runestone Academy. At first, about half the exercises were not labeled. Because I had not labeled copies of webwork exercises and I didn't think I'd need to.

OK, now they are all labeled and I rebuilt the book. But when building an assignment, I see:

Screen Shot 2023-04-07 at 3.17.40 PM.png

And it keeps going. Note at the end here how we only see odd-numbered exercises. These exercises were present after the first time we built ORCCA today. At this point, I can scroll down, and:

Screen Shot 2023-04-07 at 3.19.45 PM.png

So all the evens show up at the end. It's like the order of these exercises was locked the first time they were written to the database, and the evens (which came after I applied labels to copies) get pushed to the end of the list.

Furthermore, you can see that 1.1.6.80 is in there twice. Once from the first run when it had no label and again now that it has a label.

I tried deleting the assignment and building a new one, but the ordering issue and duplication of #80 is still present. Now that I have labels sorted out on the source side, is there anything I can do to get a blank slate for these exercises in the database?

Rob Beezer

Apr 7, 2023, 7:37:28 PM4/7/23
to pretext...@googlegroups.com
Probably irrelevant to the situation now, but you need a

document-id/@edition

which will show up between the underscores. And will let you get a new slate
for your next edition, I believe.

Check with Brad, but maybe declaring an edition NOW will make for an easy clean
slate?

Rob