Problem with Table of Contents

32 views
Skip to first unread message

Duane Farnsworth

unread,
Sep 13, 2026, 6:08:58 PMSep 13
to PreTeXt support
I had a project that was building fine the other day.  Now when I build for web I get no errors, but the chevrons in the table of contents get replaced by the word "CHEVRON" -- checked in both Firefox and Chromium.  I'm doing all of this locally.  If anyone has any ideas about what might be going on I would greatly appreciate it.

Rob Beezer

unread,
Sep 13, 2026, 6:12:37 PMSep 13
to pretext...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Duane. There is another thread going on this. Seems to be a network fetching problem that should fix itself, and we should do something long-term to avoid this happening again.

Oscar Levin

unread,
Sep 13, 2026, 11:17:57 PMSep 13
to PreTeXt support
In fact, this is an issue with Runestone (at least as far as Claude was able to determine).  See https://github.com/RunestoneInteractive/rs/issues/1510

Rob Beezer

unread,
Sep 13, 2026, 11:39:20 PMSep 13
to pretext...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Oscar. That issue is a great write-up.

Since this is live in every new build, and any sort of rollback would be complicated (I think), I hope we can do a quick fix, or revert the commit in question.

Rob

Rob Beezer

unread,
Sep 14, 2026, 11:13:34 AMSep 14
to pretext...@googlegroups.com
This problem is fixed with some changes to Runestone Services, now at v 8.2.12.

You can rebuild HTML with whatever you have right now, and new output should
look like it should. No updates necessary.

Thanks to Haris, Oscar, and Brad for chasing this one down.

https://github.com/RunestoneInteractive/rs/issues/1510

Rob
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages