Missing icon in WebWorK feedback

David W. Farmer

Sep 19, 2023, 9:52:35 PM9/19/23
to pretext...@googlegroups.com

When I "Check Responses" after activating a WW problem,
there is an icon which does not render. This happens in the
showcase article:

Exercise 6.1: Answer Type Variety
https://pretextbook.org/examples/showcase/html/webwork.html#exercise-18

and also in MFG, which I just re-built:

Exercise 1.72: Practice 1
https://yoshiwarabooks.org/mfg/graphs-of-functions.html#exercise-173

The icon is next to the answer (whether correct or not). I think it is
supposed to be a "downwards heavy arrow". When I click it, the word
"correct" or "incorrect" appears below it. But I just see a placeholder
square, in Firefox and Chrome.

I know there has been discussion of fonts for icons, but I don't know
if that applies to WeBWorK.

David

Alex Jordan

Sep 19, 2023, 10:05:35 PM9/19/23
to pretext...@googlegroups.com
It is the issue I mentioned that led to the icon library use. It's a unicode character and your device can't find a font that covers it. It needs to be updated to use the icon library, I know.

David W. Farmer

Sep 19, 2023, 10:10:15 PM9/19/23
to pretext...@googlegroups.com

Sorry, I didn't realize this was already under discussion.
> To view this discussion on the web visithttps://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pretext-support/CA%2BR-jrf_eCUo1sLwuP0MgcP4b8-da-DBLaHsTosttVEsDfA0Mg%40mail.gmail.com
> .

Alex Jordan

Sep 19, 2023, 10:11:25 PM9/19/23
to pretext...@googlegroups.com
Well, it was mentioned. But discussion is not active. It's a good reminder for me to get it done.