Style

Petra Bonfert-Taylor

Nov 28, 2022, 1:58:08 PM11/28/22
to PreTeXt support
Hi,

When working with interactive questions in the browser-based setting (not on a Runestone server) it appears that multiple styles are applied (and visible at the same time) to those questions. An example can be seen here:
The only difference between Activities 6.1 and 6.2 is that Activity 6.2 has a <response/> element in it, source code below, just in case.

Is there a way to turn off one of the two styles? Specifically, it would fit better into my book to turn off the blue background and black border if that were possible.

Thanks- Petra

    <activity>
      <statement>
      </statement>
    </activity>
    <activity xml:id="activity-5-1-1-DivisionBehavior">
      <statement>
      </statement>
      <response/>
    </activity>

David W. Farmer

Nov 28, 2022, 2:18:22 PM11/28/22
to PreTeXt support

I think we need more examples of these differences, and it is
important to see actual real examples, not constructed examples.
It is impossible to style using only minimal made-up content.

One of those is interactive, and the other is not. So the HTML
is very different, even though the source seems not that much different.

David
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pretext-support/69a3519b-f9c5-4ef1-99fe-81e5bf32d4ebn%40googlegroups.com.

Petra Bonfert-Taylor

Nov 28, 2022, 3:02:51 PM11/28/22
to PreTeXt support
Happy to provide more examples - let me know if you need the source code also?

Activities on this page: https://engs20book.thayer.dartmouth.edu/c-programming/variables-errors.html (code windows won't load for external users).

--Petra

David W. Farmer

Nov 29, 2022, 4:09:42 PM11/29/22
to PreTeXt support

All the other examples (in the sample article) have the interactive
pieces in a exercise, not in an Activity. Those need the enclosing box,
but there may be differences of opinion abut the blue background.

So, I think we need to see more examples of how these are used.
In particular, are alone and inside an Activity, the only options.

There already are special cases (which required changing the HTML)
for Parsons problems, and Active code, because those naturally
have a different width.

Where I am heading is that this is not a simple or isolated decision.

Another complication is that the oscarlevin style does not
treat these differently, but it should.

Regards,