MOM conversion error

Mark Fitch

Jul 14, 2024, 12:28:58 AM (10 days ago) Jul 14
to prete...@googlegroups.com
The current code to convert MOM for static display has an issue when the
"twopoints" tool is selected as answerformat for a draw answer. 13865 is
just one such question. Looks like the icons for the tools are somehow
not being put in the right place.

PTX:INFO    : downloading MOM #13865 to
D:\Documents\texts\tech_math\generated\problems\mom-13865.xml...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\drmaf\pretext\pretext\pretext", line 829, in <module>
    main()
  File "C:\Users\drmaf\pretext\pretext\pretext", line 696, in main
    ptx.mom_static_problems(
  File "C:\Users\drmaf\pretext\pretext\pretext.py", line 2600, in
mom_static_problems
    imageresp = requests.get(image_url, stream=True)
  File "C:\bin\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\requests\api.py", line 75,
in get
    return request('get', url, params=params, **kwargs)
  File "C:\bin\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\requests\api.py", line 61,
in request
    return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)
  File "C:\bin\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\requests\sessions.py", line
528, in request
    prep = self.prepare_request(req)
  File "C:\bin\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\requests\sessions.py", line
456, in prepare_request
    p.prepare(
  File "C:\bin\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\requests\models.py", line
316, in prepare
    self.prepare_url(url, params)
  File "C:\bin\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\requests\models.py", line
390, in prepare_url
    raise MissingSchema(error)
requests.exceptions.MissingSchema: Invalid URL '/img/tpline.gif': No
schema supplied. Perhaps you meant http:///img/tpline.gif?

Dr. Mark A. Fitch
Professor of Mathematics
Chair, Interdisciplinary Studies

maf...@alaska.edu
907-786-1656
SSB 154
University of Alaska Anchorage
3211 Providence Drive, Anchorage, AK 99508

Rob Beezer

Jul 15, 2024, 12:58:07 PM (9 days ago) Jul 15
to prete...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mark,

Nobody (to my knowledge) on the PreTeXt side knows how to improve this. An
author provides a problem number and a MOM server tries to give back
legitimate/legal PreTeXt source for a static version/approximation.

Is there a place were you can alert the MOM project? I don't think it matters
(much) in this case, but David Lippman now knows a whole lot more about how we
receive and process these static versions. And since that final error message
references a GIF image it might be that we need to react to that. But this
seems a bit more severe.

Rob

Mark Fitch

Jul 15, 2024, 4:54:54 PM (8 days ago) Jul 15
to prete...@googlegroups.com

On 7/15/24 8:57 AM, 'Rob Beezer' via PreTeXt development wrote:
> Dear Mark,
>
> Nobody (to my knowledge) on the PreTeXt side knows how to improve
> this.  An author provides a problem number and a MOM server tries to
> give back legitimate/legal PreTeXt source for a static
> version/approximation.
I will contact David Lippman directly.

> Is there a place were you can alert the MOM project?  I don't think it
> matters (much) in this case, but David Lippman now knows a whole lot
> more about how we receive and process these static versions.  And
> since that final error message references a GIF image it might be that
> we need to react to that.  But this seems a bit more severe.
One of the more recent features of the MOM integration is that images
are generated and downloaded for PreTeXt to use. This appears to be a
set of images (icons in MOM) not being delivered.