New image pop-out in HTML

5 views
Skip to first unread message

Sean Fitzpatrick

unread,
Sep 23, 2026, 3:24:14 PMSep 23
to PreTeXt development
Just a note: I don't recall seeing an announcement or discussion (but I miss a lot...), so I was pleasantly surprised to notice the new button under images to pop out an enlarged version of the image.

It's much nicer than the old one! I like the fact that the alt text appears as a tool tip when you hover over the button.

Even better: it also works for Asymptote images, which previously did not have a button to enlarge them. (And the alt text works there, too!)

I think this means I can probably turn off the Asymptote ("Click for full-size image") links in HTML. The new button is a better solution.


Rob Beezer

unread,
Sep 23, 2026, 3:31:31 PMSep 23
to prete...@googlegroups.com
> I miss a lot

Our assistants' collective has upped the pace considerably. ;-)

> I think this means I can probably turn off the Asymptote ("Click for full-size image") links in HTML

Do you think we can turn off this feature entirely? For everybody?

Rob
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "PreTeXt development" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
> to pretext-dev...@googlegroups.com <mailto:pretext-
> dev+uns...@googlegroups.com>.
> To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pretext-
> dev/180ef712-3741-49af-8021-d269e5468006n%40googlegroups.com <https://
> groups.google.com/d/msgid/pretext-dev/180ef712-3741-49af-8021-
> d269e5468006n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Sean Fitzpatrick

unread,
Sep 23, 2026, 6:50:33 PMSep 23
to PreTeXt development
Right now the link to the full size image is controlled in the publication file. 

Safe to set the default to "no", I think. 
If someone wants it, they can turn it on. 

Which I guess leads to the question: who (other than me) makes use of that feature? It's hard to say is anyone would miss it. 

The full size image is certainly bigger than what the pop-out produces, but I doubt many people use it. 

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pretext-dev...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pretext-dev/MTAwMDAxa0RQR0EwZDQ.1790191889%40pnsh.

Rob Beezer

unread,
Sep 23, 2026, 6:58:15 PMSep 23
to prete...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, maybe I'll flip the default to "no", annunce that change on -announce,
and then indicate that the feature is on the endangered list. That should flush
out anybody who might miss it.

Rob

On 9/23/26 3:50 PM, Sean Fitzpatrick wrote:
> Right now the link to the full size image is controlled in the publication file.
>
> Safe to set the default to "no", I think.
> If someone wants it, they can turn it on.
>
> Which I guess leads to the question: who (other than me) makes use of that
> feature? It's hard to say is anyone would miss it.
>
> The full size image is certainly bigger than what the pop-out produces, but I
> doubt many people use it.
>
> dev%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com> <mailto:pretext- <mailto:pretext->
> > dev+uns...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:dev%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>>.
> > To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pretext-
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pretext->
> > dev/180ef712-3741-49af-8021-d269e5468006n%40googlegroups.com
> <http://40googlegroups.com> <https://
> > groups.google.com/d/msgid/pretext-dev/180ef712-3741-49af-8021- <http://
> groups.google.com/d/msgid/pretext-dev/180ef712-3741-49af-8021->
> > d269e5468006n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
> <http://40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>>.
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "PreTeXt development" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to pretext-dev...@googlegroups.com <mailto:pretext-
> dev%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>.
> To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pretext-dev/
> MTAwMDAxa0RQR0EwZDQ.1790191889%40pnsh <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/
> pretext-dev/MTAwMDAxa0RQR0EwZDQ.1790191889%40pnsh>.
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "PreTeXt development" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
> CAH%2BNcPZ62D%3D_ofLJLsiJLeUkt4XZz4e8qWCu5ra-%2Bai4JWPvTQ%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pretext-dev/
> CAH%2BNcPZ62D%3D_ofLJLsiJLeUkt4XZz4e8qWCu5ra-%2Bai4JWPvTQ%40mail.gmail.com?
> utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Rob Beezer

unread,
Sep 23, 2026, 7:55:11 PMSep 23
to prete...@googlegroups.com
On 9/23/26 3:58 PM, 'Rob Beezer' via PreTeXt development wrote:
> Thanks, maybe I'll flip the default to "no",

The default is "no". ;-) I am going to stop advertsing it in our samples.

Rob
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages