directory management language

kcri...@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2024, 11:05:57 AM (6 days ago) Jul 18
to PreTeXt development
Subsection 5.6.2: Managing Directories
https://pretextbook.org/doc/guide/html/processing-directory-management.html#processing-directory-management-4

does not seem quite in line (stylistically, not code) with respect to what to name the various asset folders in

and some other places like Section 5.2 on the CLI.

While I understand that Section 5.6 is about directory management more generally, perhaps that language should be brought into line with the generated_assets/assets language that the CLI uses, or at least to refer to it more directly.

I was unsure if this was a -dev or a -support question, but in any case I'm happy to implement (or at least open an issue) for whatever the best solution is deemed to be.

Rob Beezer

Jul 18, 2024, 8:15:46 PM (5 days ago) Jul 18
to prete...@googlegroups.com
Maybe the CLI language should be brought into line with PreTeXt?
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pretext-dev/8dc753c6-2f4a-48e9-870b-ef532ac49ed8n%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pretext-dev/8dc753c6-2f4a-48e9-870b-ef532ac49ed8n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

kcri...@gmail.com

Jul 19, 2024, 12:00:12 PM (5 days ago) Jul 19
to PreTeXt development
Maybe, but I think a lot of people are now using `generated_assets` etc. ... of course, a minimally invasive option would be to just add a "note" or something in Subsection 5.6.2 saying "the convention if you use the CLI is as follows, but for simplicity we will continue to use this convention".  After all, there isn't really a difference, it's just the naming conventions which a lot of authors will doubtless follow (or have provided by the CLI).