Moving off the overhaul branch (for everyone to read)

Rob Beezer

Nov 13, 2022, 10:50:13 PM11/13/22
to prete...@googlegroups.com
Here's a plan to move off the overhaul branch, as discussed during Friday
Drop-In. We are asking for *everybody's help, so this can go smoothly and
everybody's projects will see little adverse impact.

1. US Thanksgiving Weekend: penultimate merge of master into overhaul on the
sandbox rbeezer repo.

2. Week of November 28. *Everybody* clones the repo and builds their project
with "overhaul" and carefully examines their output.

3. Hiccups resolved, and *finally* overhaul will be merged into master.

4. About December 15 the new master branch will be public/official. This will
provide some time before projects are rebuilt for the new semester.

I'll use this thread for announcements, further details, and reminders. So
let's discuss details on new threads. For now, block out some time for the week
of November 28?

Rob

Steven Clontz

Nov 16, 2022, 3:13:54 PM11/16/22
to PreTeXt development
I'll make a point to check on CLI's default generated documents to make sure they aren't broken with the overhaul branch changes.

Steven Clontz

Dec 7, 2022, 5:19:11 PM12/7/22
to PreTeXt development
At this point I think we'll just wait for overhaul to be default in core, then we'll test out all the CLI projects in the first nightly build that uses it.