Preston City of Sanctuary Refugee Week Activities : You need to book to take part

Preston City of Sanctuary via Greg

Jun 3, 2020, 10:09:47 AM6/3/20
to GG PCOS full network

Our Refugee Week Activities

Please join us in the following activities

For the Zoom meetings it is essential to book a place via Eventbrite and we will then send out a link so you can join online.

Monday 15th June 6pm -8pm. Preston City of Sanctuary Full network meeting:

Join us by Zoom for a catch up session so we can talk about our recent lives as sanctuary seekers and organisations and explore resources, needs and opportunities as we come out of lock-down in the next few months.

The full information and Eventbrite booking link is here

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/preston-city-of-sanctuary-full-network-meeting-tickets-107822897188

Wednesday 17th June 6pm – 8pm. Mental Health and Wellbeing seminar,

with Dr Jeff Morgan (NW regional City of Sanctuary co-ordinator and mental health practitioner ) Jeff will talk about how we can help ourselves cope with the pressures of living in lock-down with special reference to refugees and asylum seekers. We hope two or three local sanctuary seekers will share their experiences and there will then be a question time.

The full information and Eventbrite booking link is here

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/preston-city-of-sanctuary-online-webinar-tickets-107721038526

Finally we are developing a multimedia project Covid Memories: Looking at the Virus Through the Eyes of Children and Young People.

Looking at the Virus

Through the Eyes of

Children and Young People

In so many ways the Coronavirus is changing our lives. Although it is not at the forefront of government and scientific discussions, children and young people have been affected by the pandemic.

Preston COS would like to give the children and young people of refugees and asylum seekers to share their

  • experiences

  • feelings

  • memories

  • impressions

We would like to use your children’s contributions as part of a visual record of what is happening in Preston.

For a full description of this project please open this attachment / link

https://btcloud.bt.com/web/app/share/invite/SBHnH9vhsF

Please share it with refugee and asylum seeking families you know or work with and encourage them to take part.

Many thanks,

Greg Smith – on behalf of

Preston City of Sanctuary Team

 @Preston City of Sanctuary

https://preston.cityofsanctuary.org

Preston City of Sanctuary - COVID 19 Memories project.pdf