Reminder: Preston City of sanctuary annual general meeting for 2022 will be held on Monday December 5th from 6pm-8pm

Preston City of Sanctuary

Dec 1, 2022, 8:00:04 AM12/1/22
to GG PCOS full network

It will be an in person meeting at UCLAN,

Brook Building Room 009, Victoria St, Preston PR1 7QR

We hope you will be able to join us at our Annual General Meeting as we think about plans for the coming year. The agenda is listed below.

Agenda:

Apologies

Last years AGM minutes

Matters Arising

Annual report 2022... Click here  an annual report covering what we have been doing in 2022.

Annual financial statement

Election / Officers to be appointed and serving for 2023

Chair

Vice Chair ..

Secretary

Treasurer

Communications

Plus up to 7 Core group members for current members see https://preston.cityofsanctuary.org/who-we-are

Presentations from Speakers

  • Liz Grainger on UCLAN as a University of Sanctuary

  • Sir Mark Hendrick MP will join us via and online video link from Parliament

  • A Sanctuary seeker ( details TBC)

Round Table Discussions

Ideas for involving more sanctuary seekers in the governance, activities and work of PCoS to be facilitated by core group members

Questions and A.O.B

Please also note for your diary Proposed dates of next years meetings

FULL NETWORK MEETINGS .. take place once a quarter on Tuesday evenings from 6pm.

Proposed dates for 2023

  • February 21 (provisional .. and possibly online?)

  • May 16

  • September 12

  • December 5 (AGM)

Core group meetings (on zoom) are usually scheduled for Tuesdays 4 weeks before the full network meetings,

In Addition We are planning:

An Online Training session on Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking led by our partners Hope for Justice.

Tuesday 10th January.. Details and Bookings via Eventbrite

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/modern-slavery-and-human-trafficking-awareness-training-tickets-464999545157

A gathering of stakeholder organisations with the aim of mapping out services, responsibilties and partnerships in Preston and the surrounding areas.

To be held at the Salvation Army, Harrington Street on Tuesday 14th February 2023 from 10am -12 noon.

A gathering for people seeking sanctuary and their families, probably on a Saturday in March.. Details TBC.

Refugee week is June 19-25 2023 - we hope to run some events

Many thanks,

Greg Smith – on behalf of

Preston City of Sanctuary Team