Advance notice : Refugee Week Events

Preston City of Sanctuary via Greg

May 26, 2020, 10:04:36 AM5/26/20
to GG PCOS full network

During the Lockdown Preston City of Sanctuary core group has been meeting by zoom and has been thinking of ways we can organize events to mark Refugee Week 2020 which runs from 15th to 21st June. Of course all these activities will need to be online rather than face to face.

We would like to announce two sessions which will take place via Zoom and also be streamed live on our Facebook page. We will send out a reminder and the Eventbrite registration and Zoom links nearer the time. Please add them to your diary now.

Monday 15th June 6pm -8pm. Preston City of Sanctuary Full network meeting: Join us by Zoom for a catch up session so we can talk about our recent lives as sanctuary seekers and organisations and explore resources, needs and opportunities as we come out of lockdown in the next few months.

Wednesday 17th June 6pm – 8pm. Mental Health and Wellbeing seminar, with Dr Jeff Morgan (NW regional City of Sanctuary co-ordinator and mental health practitioner ) Jeff will talk about how we can help ourselves cope with the pressures of living in lockdown with special reference to refugees and asylum seekers. We hope two or three local sanctuary seekers will share their experiences and there will then be a question time.

Finally we are developing a multimedia project Covid Memories: Looking at the Virus Through the Eyes of Children and Young People. We will be sending out details of this as soon as they are available.

Many thanks,

Greg Smith – on behalf of

Preston City of Sanctuary Team

 @Preston City of Sanctuary