Covid memories project and PCoS Sanctuary Space

Preston City of Sanctuary via Greg

Jul 9, 2020, 9:52:48 AM7/9/20
to GG PCOS full network
Dear Friends

This is just a reminder of two activities that we have put in place following refugee week:

Covid Memories Project:

for details see attachment: We are still keen to gather contributions from children and young people:

Paintings, poems, photos or video clips - in fact anything creative relating to Covid-19 and lockdown.

Send contributions to in...@preston.cityofsanctuary.org    The deadline has been extended to  Friday 28th August
2020.

The entries may be used on websites, videos and other promotional
materials. They may also be utilized by Lancashire Archives/Record Office.
Parents by allowing your child to submit an entry you are confirming that
you agree to Preston COS recording and publically displaying their work.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us or telephone
Dawn on 01772 797563

Sanctuary Space Zoom meetings

Last night we had the second of these Sanctuary Space Zoom meetings and Ghasan Mahdi spoke about the history and current situation in Sudan.

We agreed that we would put on such zoom sessions about once every four weeks and that usually these will be from 6pm to 7.30 or 8pm on a Thursday.

We fixed the next one for Thursday 6th August and we will focus on the situation in Cameroon with input from Chrysantus Tankeh.

We will send a Zoom invitation out a few days before the meeting.

We would love to involve more of the asylum seekers and refugees living in the Preston area in these sessions so please tell people you know about them and either send us their email addresses or pass on the zoom invitations and do what you can to help them get online with us.

Many thanks,

Greg Smith – on behalf of

Preston City of Sanctuary Team

 @Preston City of Sanctuary

https://preston.cityofsanctuary.org

Preston City of Sanctuary - COVID 19 Memories project.pdf