Preston City of Sanctuary .. Two Full network events Feb 21st (in person) and Feb 28th (online)

Preston City of Sanctuary

Feb 8, 2023, 6:40:45 AM2/8/23
to GG PCOS full network

Dear Friends,

An in person special event is being organised by Preston City of Sanctuary

on Tuesday 21st February from 10 to 12 midday,

at the Salvation Army, Harrington Street, Preston. PR1 7BN

Everyone in our network is welcome to join us but please RSVP by email (if you have not done so already) to help us assess numbers and prepare appropriately.

The modern venue is fully accessible, but there is a maximum of 20 free parking spaces available on site on a first come first served basis with a number reserved for blue badge holders. There may be some pay and display spaces available on UCLAN car parks, and some on street parking in the area. But please be prepared to arrive early, to car share, walk, cycle, or use buses, or plan to use city centre car parks. A map of public car parks nearby is available here.

The aim of the event is

  1.  to gather together and celebrate the work of the various organisations in Preston and South Ribble who are working with sanctuary seekers.
  2.  to listen to Rebecca Joy-Novell   give the key note address at the event. We have asked her to outline the work of the Lancashire CC Refugee Integration Team and update those in attendance about its latest objectives and plans, including those of central government alongside local initiatives..
  3.  It will also be an opportunity for you to network and learn more about the work that others are doing

We are also hoping that the event will be a springboard to promote the work of PCOS and provide an opportunity to learn more about involving those with lived experiences in our work. Involving sanctuary seekers directly in the activities of PCOS remains a key objective for us.

PCOS Online Full Network Gathering

Tuesday 28th February from 6pm

We are aware that many of our network members are in full time work so will not find it possible to join us for an in person meeting on a Tuesday morning.

So the following week we are organising an online event on the evening to give a chance to catch up on what we and you have been doing in and for the sanctuary seeking community in Preston. We will give a brief report of what happened and emerged from the gathering at the Salvation Army, hear from you what else is happening and discuss current issues and future plans.

 You are of course welcome to come to both meetings if you can, and if you want to continue the discussion.  The zoom link is below (we will send it out again a day or so before the online meeting).

PCoS Host is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: PCoS Full Network meeting
Time: Feb 28, 2023 05:45 PM London

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 889 4929 2495