Preston City of Sanctuary is looking for help from a video producer or web designer

Preston City of Sanctuary via Greg

Oct 6, 2020, 6:25:41 AM10/6/20
to GG PCOS full network

Preston City of Sanctuary

Covid Memories: Looking at the virus through the eyes of children and young people from asylum seeking families

Over the last few months we have been running a project to document the experiences of children during the Covid-19 lockdown period. Children and young people of refugee and families seeking asylum in Lancashire, were invited to contribute to a visual and audio record of the pandemic. They provided a collection of videos, poems, art work and text detailing their experience of living through the covid pandemic in 2020. The purpose of the project was to capture a child’s perspective of their thoughts, fears, emotions and understanding of how they, their families and the public have been affected.

You can read more about the project on our website at

https://preston.cityofsanctuary.org/our-covid-memories-project-2020

and see some of the materials created by children at

https://preston.cityofsanctuary.org/our-covid-memories-project-2020/covid-memories-project-gallery

We are now wanting to compile the materials into a well designed online video or story book that can be shared online and are looking for one or more creative person with appropriate technical skills to complete this project for us.  The is voluntary unpaid and might suit a student or temporarily underemployed professional in the creative industries. The brief is given below.  If you can help (or know someone who might) please get in touch.

Brief for development of a video collection of memories

Target Viewers

The media, politicians and the general public have highlighted the impact of the virus on different groups, for example elderly people and more recently students, the target audience for this project is the wider public. By providing a short but thought-provoking video, we aim to capture a very distinct and specific perspective from children and young people. The video will also, contribute to the Lancashire Archive and therefore, it needs to provide some clarity of context for the future generations who will view this.

Objective

Increase the knowledge, understanding and impact of the pandemic from children and young people from sanctuary seeking families, by engaging the target audience in a fun and friendly manner.

Message

Presenting a view of the pandemic from this group of children and young people and sharing this with the public. To facilitate interest in their perspective alongside the wider impact of the pandemic on all children and young people.

Benefit

Increased profile of Preston City of Sanctuary and its support to sanctuary seeking families.

Highlight the contribution and successful outcome of the project from the funding from LCC

To hear the voice of this specific group of children in Lancashire and archive it to create a historical record, for future generations and historians to understand.

Considerations

  • Child and adult friendly which includes pictures, text and audio recordings that are engaging.

  • Appropriate background image to the children’s work and music to reflect their cultural heritage (Arabic)

  • Poems or text to be audio recorded for those that are visually very unclear

  • Introduction, acknowledgements (LCC funding) and Preston City of Sanctuary logo

See examples of similar projects which might offer inspiration,

from Leyland Fairies https://m.facebook.com/groups/262860780517796?view=permalink&id=1929456840524840&sfnsn=scwspwa

and Windrush https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxCAChF_Sdk&feature=youtu.be

Further information from Dawn Judd 07528703357

dbj...@yahoo.co.uk

Also please note for your diary our next full network meeting which is our AGM is scheduled on ZOOM for 6pm on Monday November 30th and we will be looking to elect officers and a core group to take our work forward in 2021,

Many thanks,

Greg Smith – on behalf of

Preston City of Sanctuary Team

 @Preston City of Sanctuary