My life in danger due to Kharotabad incident video shooting

Jamal Tarakai

Aug 19, 2011, 5:29:21 AM8/19/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com

For
Press Pakistan,

I am Journalist and working as a Cartoonist, Reporter, Article Writer, Photo Journalist and Camera man with 10 news paper. I filmed Pakistan Balochistan Quetta Kharot Abad incident 5 Chechen people killed by security forces two man, one child and three women, killed in this incident. my life is in danger.

I am Last 3 months under ground living. at this time I have no safety no money no job, I sale out my camera, mobile, and other thing then i running my home expense. till that time any NGO, Govt Pakistan, any Journalist Union/Organization, no give me any safety security and no any other kind of help. so that's why I contact Press Pakistan.

In Pakistan Journalist Union are divided in groups so thats in this reason they are don't supporting me.

So that's why I inform the Press Pakistan, after my death in Pakistan Journalist's problem's solution concentrate and Journalist problems solution interrupt person please take a step for them. PFUJ president Parvez Shoukat called me in Islamabad, but he didn�t help me.

If possible in my life please Help me and give me a safety. or shifted me in any other country.

Jamal Tarakai Journalist
Mobile Number;0092-321-8001781

umar daraz2005

Aug 19, 2011, 6:01:00 AM8/19/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
really jamal you did very good and profesional job and it is fact after shooting a video of the event your life will be in danger. now it is the obligation of all we journalists and our unions to support such people in condition like you,if not then in future no one will have the courage to do profesional job.

Umar Daraz Wazir

Press Card, Press Club and Press Pakistan - connecting the journalist community

asim hameed

Aug 19, 2011, 6:06:27 AM8/19/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Journalist Community takes the initiatives for Protection of him.
Asim Hameed
Reporter
Channel 5 (News 5)
Lahore

Aug 19, 2011, 6:06:16 AM8/19/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com

this is very sham full situation for Journalists Union or Organization

Aug 19, 2011, 6:16:29 AM8/19/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Dear all leaders including PFUJ,

This is really a passionate appeal made by the cameraman & Photographer. The gentleman should be given all possible help from the fund recently announced by  the Prime Minister for the welfare of journalists. PFUJ  should also extend every possible help for this youngman.

regards

Mateen Haider

Tausif Rehman

Aug 19, 2011, 7:32:58 AM8/19/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Dear Journalist Community,

Please for God sake i specially appeal to PFUJ and other similar bodies to come forward and take this issue on board with every concern department before demand for an another Commission formation.

So this time do act appropriately to facilitate the applicant in his life.

Regards

Tausif
Dawn News TV
ISLAMABAD

masood ahmad asim

Aug 19, 2011, 7:34:04 AM8/19/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
jamal bahi.

this is thurth pakistan union of journalist.did not
help journalist. it is own agenda

................. they are only work for jang group and some big
elephants.ya really the original problems they can not solve.God
bless you

masood asim

sumr...@gmail.com

Aug 19, 2011, 7:19:39 AM8/19/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Mateen sahb am stunned that y we r requesting the unions...infact they should have given a prompt response to Tarakai's appeal. As neither it needs any inquiry nor any authentication. Help him before we face another episode.

Sumera

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Warid.

From: Jamal Tarakai<tarak...@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 05:29:21 -0400 (EDT)

Hashim Hasan

Aug 19, 2011, 7:48:44 AM8/19/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

This guy is not asking about funding so where does this Prime Minister's fund come from? This guy is saying that his life is in danger and hence needs protection for his life.

In my humble opinion, I feel that we should all gather at the press club and identify the people who are threatening him as that is the only way to protect him in my opinion. We should be more proactive then the traders who are all fed up with the parchi system but refuse to name anybody till now. hence all the political parties claim that they are against the parchi system holds true.

regards

hashim

jaffar tareen

Aug 19, 2011, 7:47:49 AM8/19/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
jamal khan PFUJ(both) is just East india company so plz do it at your own risk.
Regards....jaffar khan tareen express news quetta

Azim Mustafvi

Aug 19, 2011, 7:51:15 AM8/19/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
In Pakistan all so-called journalist organizations and so-called representatives including Pervaiz Shoukat are working to fill their own pockets.All are selfish and just grab money in the name of journalists.No one is working sincerely but to fulfill their illegal aspirations ,wishes and vested interests.So-called representatives become richest within years and the real journalist remains in doldrums.Like land grabbers there are a number of so-called representatives and organizations which even are benefited of the funds outside of the country and NGO's.Shame on them and I pray Allah's curse be upon them who are cheating with the journalist community.Most interestingly they people are accidental journalists are not journalist at all and just have come into the field to loot out this coummunity.

Syed Hussain Raza Jahfery

Aug 19, 2011, 9:47:43 AM8/19/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Please rad his appeal once again. He states that in addition to
personal security he needs financial help as well since he is jobless
as well. The PFUJ president can help him while recommending him for
employmnt in any organization.

sajjad shah

Aug 19, 2011, 12:58:01 PM8/19/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
i heard that PM Yousuf Gillani has announced TEN MILLION grant for NATIONAL PRESS CLUB, i recommend that Dear Afzal Butt sb should step forward and provide financial support to our brother journalist, also PFUJ and NPC should contact Balochistan Govt through Interior Ministry regarding safety precaution for our brother.....we should not let him down in his needy time.......
Ale Sjjad Shaw
Editor/Columnist
Daily Tasdeeq (Urdu)
Monthly Diplomatic Chronicles (English)
0315-7779839

>> Press Card, Press Club and Press Pakistan - connecting the journalist
>> community

>> To find other options, please visit:
>> http://groups.google.com/group/PressPakistan
>
> Press Card, Press Club and Press Pakistan - connecting the journalist
> community

> To find other options, please visit:
> http://groups.google.com/group/PressPakistan

Press Card, Press Club and Press Pakistan - connecting the journalist community

Tahir Rathore

Aug 19, 2011, 8:13:59 AM8/19/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
hello all:

I usually don't take part in discussion at this forum, as most of the blames are false and untrue. However since am part of the steering committe for the fund established with the seed money of IMS, in my capacity as President RIUJ, would like to ask from Jamal Tarakai directly, is it true that PFUJ did not support you. I think don't lie, you have been kept in Islamabad with boarding lodging facilites. However, the fund steeering committee of which Pervez Shaukat, President PFUJ is also a member, is ustodian of this fund. PFUJ, without getting approval from the committee, started helping you and rescue you from Quetta. But this fund could not be spent on your unwishfull desires, like you tried to include your came ammount in the guest house bill. You were advised to do not tell anybody about your address of stay, but you were found moving around the city, and every journalist know where you are staying. You were told very clearly that we do not support journalist to send him or her abroad. So claiming that you did not get any assistance from journalists bodies, like PFUJ, is not true. And I don't know why you are lying. I also could not understand that instead of again contacting PFUJ if you are under threat. You have also to clarify about the fact (we came to know from your uj in Quetta) that you submitted parden before the security organisations of your act of releasing the footage of Akhrotabad incident.

My dear friends of this group, please don't just start offering comments without going in depth and without getting confirmation from your unions. Naming PFUJ with eagly names is not good. This leadership is volunteer, you don't pay them. If you could prove yourself a better representative of journalists than come up and be a volunteer. We are not willing to further serve you as unionist, as we are doing this all at our own, while hearing the voice of our conscious. But no one from us is here to make money, my reference is just unions.

regards

tahir rathore

From: sajjad shah <feebl...@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 09:58:01 -0700 (PDT)

shaf...@gmail.com

Aug 19, 2011, 1:17:19 PM8/19/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Dear colleagues,
It is tragic that journalists continue to face such life and survival threats. We from INFN have released a story to media with a passionate appeal to save life and liberty of our colleague from Balochistan Mr. Jamal.
Let us raise voice before it is too late.
Regards
Shafqat Munir
Editor INFN
www.infochangepakistan.net

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Warid.

From: sajjad shah <feebl...@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 09:58:01 -0700 (PDT)

Umer Raja

Aug 19, 2011, 2:37:32 PM8/19/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
This really is a passionate appeal but I feel he will not be given protection and support by so-called fighters of freedom of PRESS rather we will see them doing politics once the gentleman falls prey to the people who are after him.

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 2:29 PM, Jamal Tarakai <tarak...@gmail.com> wrote:

Press Card, Press Club and Press Pakistan - connecting the journalist community

Umer Raja
City In-charge, TheNation
Islamabad
Cell: 03215388100

syed aziz

Aug 19, 2011, 3:08:14 PM8/19/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com

It's pit'y that many journalists and human rights organizations are working around but a poor journalist is crying for help and proection. Where is million dollar SAFMA, where is HRCP, PFUJ and all UJs?
Sajid Aziz

Zofeen Ebrahim

Aug 20, 2011, 12:39:41 AM8/20/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
I understand that Jamal Tarakai's life is in imminent danger and he needs continuous funds to support his family while underground. However to put the record straight, he was helped by PFUJ through the Safety Fund for several weeks. Zofeen Ebrahim

Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 12:08:14 -0700
From: syedsaj...@yahoo.com

nusrat mirza

Aug 20, 2011, 1:19:08 AM8/20/11
to Ali Irfan S/O Muzaffar Lahore
we support Jamal Turaki. Let us work our how we can help him.
rrgds
Nusrat Mirza

To: pressp...@googlegroups.com
From: naveeda...@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 06:06:16 -0400

Farzana Shah

Aug 20, 2011, 3:52:51 AM8/20/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com

He should be provided a police personnel for security just like that famous line of Anchors who are provided such security by the govt at the cost of public money.

SO if anchors can be provided security why Journalists can’t be given the same.

PFUJ should spare some funds from those provided by PM for provision of security to such journalists.

Regards

Faisal Raza Khan

Aug 20, 2011, 6:31:30 AM8/20/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com

“HUMANITARIAN APPEAL”

“A PURE JOURNALIST FROM BALOCHISTAN IS WAITING FOR OUR ASSISTANCE”

“FEEL IT & DEAL IT”

Dear all…….kind hearted journalists,

(IMP, NOTE: This is not a politically motivated appeal……..it’s a humanitarian one….please don’t take it as joke…as life is not a joke….read it, not just raise voice but a genuine help is required and extend facilitation, as early as possible…..)

Confirmed sources revealed that an innocent cameraman and photo-journalist of already deprived province of Balochistan has formally applied for journalist safety fund existing under the umbrella of IFJ, PFUJ and Inter-media, now it’s up to the committee of 06 influential’s how they would deal with this humanitarian crises as the said journalist is not powerful enough to get his due right but I hope that these respectable journalists would do a lot in this regard before anything happens to Jamal Tarakai and blame lies on their respectable members, namely……

01.  Mrs. Asma Sheerazi                        Anchor Person

02. Mr. Afzal Butt                      (Also President, National Press Club)

03. Mr. Pervaiz Shaukat           (Also President, Pakistan Federal Union of Journalist)

04. Mr. Iqbal Khattak                (Sr. Journalist & Reporters Sans Frontiers)

05. Mr. Najamuddine                (Human Rights Commission of Pakistan)

06. Mr. Naeem Mirza                (Chief Operating Officer, Aurat Foundation)

It’s the matter of humanitarian assistance not a political one. So, please solve this urgent matter and kindly give Jamal Tarakai an “ASYLUM” in Islamabad, job, shelter, reimbursement of his expenses of past three months and security to him and to his family.

Now this is the time, please stop all claptraps… save a journalist and his family…., break the shackles and clutches and please help the helpless……??????.........help him before we face the same state of affairs…..????? Kindly help him…. Affection with profession is not a crime.

Best regards,
FAISAL RAZA KHAN

A Journalist.

sahir geo

Aug 20, 2011, 7:43:49 AM8/20/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Good job, Faisal Bhai.

Every Press Club is requested to display this appeal on the notice boards to seek support for Jamal Tarakai from the mysterious "Journalist Safety Fund" by PFUJ, IFJ and Intermedia.

Your one SMS/Text Message can save life of Jamal Tarakai and set an example for the future.

Asma Shirazi       03335365506
Afzal Butt             03008558544
Pervez Shaukat    03335141917
Iqbal Khattak        03339109144
Naeem Mirza        03005001154

How Naeem Mirza of Aurat Foundation became member of this journalist fund, it is another discussion. Lets focus on Jamal Tarakai at this moment.

Thanks,

sahir

Arshad Malik

Aug 20, 2011, 7:58:11 AM8/20/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
President PFUJ and other leaders should take the responsibility as they had vowed some days ago... it would be rather better to send these journalists/cameramen abroad like our politicians...at least some genuine asylum seekers should be entertained by the UK, the champions of freedom of expression.
Arshad Malik
Arshad Malik
Phone# 0300-5102376

mir mazari

Aug 19, 2011, 1:22:56 PM8/19/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Mr Jamal Tarakai. I know you had been lodged here by the PFUJ for over a month, and all your boarding and lodging expense were paid by the PFUJ even when the fund for journalists' safety was not approved.

How can you say that the PFUJ did not help you. And you are moving around in the city at your free will. If you  want to be sent abroad then just for your information the safety fund does not support that.
There is a procedure which the steering committee of the safety fund follows. Every case is verified from the respective union of the area to which the journalist belongs to. The reason behind this procedure is to filter fake applications as some people think that it is an easy way to proceed abroad. The fund does not support relocation abroad, and it is only for temporary relocation within the country, and not something for long-term.
There are a number of other cases which the PFUJ is dealing with but their names cannot be disclosed for security reasons.

IQBAL KHATTAK

Aug 20, 2011, 6:20:57 AM8/20/11
to Pakistan Press
Dear Faisal Raza Khan,
Thanks for your mail and passionate appeal for assistance to our journalist colleague Jamal Taraki from Quetta. Let me inform you his assistance application has already been processed and only hiccup is that we need to complete paper works before the sanctioned money is released.
We are trying our best to help any journalist who is in distress. But we have a mandate and we cannot step out of the mandate. I hope you understood how this safety fund works and we will serve journalist in distress without looking at his/her race, colour, language and religion.
For detailed deliberations on how safety fund works our chairman (Pervaiz Shaukat) or secretary (Adnan Rehmat) can brief you any time.
Thanks

This mail has been sent using BlackBerry® smartphone of Telenor Persona

*************
IQBAL KHATTAK
Bureau Chief
Daily Times
Peshawar. PAKISTAN
Cell: [92-333] 910 91 44
www.dailytimes.com.pk
www.rsf.org

From: Faisal Raza Khan <faisal...@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 15:31:30 +0500

Faisal Raza Khan

Aug 20, 2011, 9:29:58 AM8/20/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com

Dear All,

You are very right Khattak Sahib ...... consultations, discussions, deliberations, debates, procedures, systematic approaches.......... all areas have their own imperativeness but it’s not more worthy than the life of a human being and a professional journalist.

I just want from the core of my heart that this humanitarian issue must be dealt amicably and every journalistic body must play their role to protect the journalists rather than mourning on deaths.

I hope that being responsible and senior members of journalistic community, all of you will take a sympathetic action by assisting Mr. JAMAL TARAKAI.
Faisal Raza Khan,
A Journalist.
PLEASE THINK GREEN BEFORE ACT....
__________

Best regards,

FAISAL RAZA KHAN
Reporter,

Dawn News (TV), Islamabad.
12-Muave Area, Zero Point, G-7/1 - Islamabad.
Official contact: 051-111 11 4455, Fax# 051-2606035
Cell# 0322-8563793

zohaib ALI

Aug 20, 2011, 9:35:48 AM8/20/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
dear friendz if he is working for geo tv  than everybody takes some step for him specialy  PFUJ.According to pakistan current situation our all journalist orgnaization
 is working uder jung group.
i am personally with brother jamal tarakai and promised him for my all suport.
         ZOHAIB ALI
         A  Journalist
        03318897107

ihsan dawar

Aug 20, 2011, 8:22:02 PM8/20/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
I Was really very very upset with the matter of safety of Jamal,But i did not really find proper wording to express my self as we have already waiting for safe return of our collegue Rehamtullah Darpa Khel who has been in the cutody of kidnappers since 11th Agust.I know that the journalists around the world and in our country will start thier cryings when something happesns to Rehamtaullah(God forbade) as he is totally in the back ground now and there is no single voice raised for his recovery.But I feel satisfied when i heared about the Khattak Sahib's statement about assistance of jamal.Thats a good development and it should go on in proper manner.
Thanks Khattak sahib.

IHSAN DAWAR
PRESIDENT TUJ NWA.(Press club Mirali)
0928.613338(office)
0928 212366-395(Res)
+92 345 92 23 23 8

Jamal Tarakai

Aug 21, 2011, 4:39:30 AM8/21/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com

I respect in all the world journalist unions and any person. Our senior

I convey the message for my life in danger. But its not mean I want to avail any benefit. But I need to tell every body of my problem who I faced in these days. Kharot Abad incident is in my life�s 4th dangerous incident.

In 2006 after publish in news paper my Cartoon and column, 2 fighter groups threat me to kill you. With this reference IFJ published a report. And a 2nd group came in to Press club Quetta and tortured me. After this situation with one group reporter BBC Ayub Tareen Quetta, Reporter BBC, Aziz Ullah Khan Islamabad, APP reporter Ameen Ullah Hashwani. Those persons resolved the problem with one group.

And other group 20 October 2008 in Newspaper office Daily Awam Bomb Blasted in this in this incident I injured. All the treatments and every expense I paid no any journalist union, NGO�s, Govt Pakistan never help me.

3 December 2010 in Quetta Meezan Chouk Suicide attack I was injured in that incident. All the treatments and every expense I paid no any journalist union, NGO�s, Govt Pakistan never help me.

4th incident is Kharot Abad�s incident, this incident Filmed video, and photos captured. Reason of this incident my life is in danger. All the incidents I have the prove. Journalist Union and any person tell me what I do. Kharot Abad incident still no body help and security gave me. PFUJ called me in Islamabad and ignored me.

Now I have 2 ways, I try to do my life. And fight for my right. Or I jump any building and finish my life.

Please advice me Journalist Union�s what I do?

Jamal Tarakai Journalist
Cell: 0092-321-8001781
Tarak...@gmail.com

umar daraz2005

Aug 21, 2011, 4:38:17 AM8/21/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
yes Iqbal sahb statement shows that there is something, for supporting journalists and it should be strengthen and enlarge to encourage the journalists.

Umar Daraz Wazir

irfan mubarak

Aug 21, 2011, 5:38:05 AM8/21/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com

Its very sad situation ,and shameful for the so called govt who claims freedom of speech and its also shameful for the so-called journalists organization's who only made for begging from land mafia ,seeking illegal immigration ,taking personal benefits.

If they come in danger they will take whole country for protest and will blackmail govt ,I want to ask these so called journalist orgs why u think journalists living  other parts are not journalist.

We have to accept this truth like other institutions our journalism is also full of corruption ,if this is not so that should give importance to Jamal Taraki,s case.

سوچ کے جیو، جاگ کے جیو، لٹیروں کو بے نقاب کرکے جیو

Irfan Mubarak
Daily Nada i khalq
+92 323 9807767

On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 1:39 PM, Jamal Tarakai <tarak...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

samina.reporter

Aug 21, 2011, 5:55:03 AM8/21/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com

Fight 4 ur rights. Give them sometime. If they fail, we will write open letter to IMS -Denmark, International offices of Intermedia and IFJ to highlight your issue. We will invite their representatives to visit Pakistan to find how these so-called journalist leaders helped Saqib Raja, ARY to get asylum in the UK on fake papers and discouraging genuine journalist like you. Dont worry. We will never let any UJ leader to use journalist safety fund for his hair transplantation. Cheers.

*** This Message Has Been Sent Using BlackBerry Internet Service from Mobilink ***

Faisal Raza Khan

Aug 21, 2011, 9:45:19 AM8/21/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com

Dear Jamal,

Why you are so disappointed??? These circumstances are there for everyone because this country has the same situation everywhere, fight for your rights but with wisdom and calmness with true believe in Allah Almighty THE GREAT. Allah Almighty has promised with every human being his/her due right on this surface of earth and your right will be yours and no one at any cost and simply no one rubbish will get that.

Now, as far as the matter of your case with Pakistan Journalists Safety Fund is concerned, please, I appeal, don’t be disillusioned, it is already in process and I am sure the committee of 06 will resolve the matter urgently and on war footings, if there would be any delay, which is might be not there, will be squeezed.

On the other hand, I’m once again raising my voice before respectable members of that committee to please urgently act upon it and show your affection, devotion and true commitment with the journalists by genuinely helping Mr. Jamal Tarakai, rather than just making notions.

Faisal Raza Khan,

A Journalist.

Alan

Aug 21, 2011, 7:56:47 PM8/21/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jamal.

I am in Australia. My newspaper (NewsBlaze.com) is in the USA
unfortunately, google is destroying NewsBlaze, so we don't have much money now.

But I see nobody in Pakistan is helping you, just talking.

Please tell me what you need, to get out of where you are now,
and I will see what I can do.

Alan

From: Faisal Raza Khan <faisal...@gmail.com>
Sender: pressp...@googlegroups.com
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 15:31:30 +0500
To: <pressp...@googlegroups.com>
ReplyTo: pressp...@googlegroups.com

To: pressp...@googlegroups.com

From: naveeda...@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 06:06:16 -0400

[...]

Alan Gray
Publisher, NewsBlaze
705-2 E.Bidwell St #213
Folsom CA, 95630
+61 8 8395 7929
Support Our Troops, Read Their Stories
at http://newsblaze.com
Proud to be a Kentucky Colonel

Taha S. Siddiqui

Aug 22, 2011, 4:14:30 AM8/22/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com

Dear Everyone,

It is a shame that some journalists who campaign for rights all around the year to be in photo shoots and become self proclaimed torch bearers for the journalist community are justifying their help by saying we are doing the paperwork. Reminds me of our govt n the bureaucracy that does nothing but paperwork!

Also, another journalist a few days back said that PFUJ had provided the safety fund or whatsoever. Assuming if tht was true, is Jamal lying? I don't think so. He is in distress and its quite apparent frm his emails. It is sad to see some journalists defending these useless unions who are more concerned with plots, foreign trips etc. These journalists should think about their moral duty before their loyalty to unions.

Jamal is in trouble. And if u cannot help monetarily, then at least SHUT UP! Plz do not ridicule his case by saying the union did help because if it did, we would not see Jamal in so much desperation.

Regards,
Taha S. Siddiqui
Features Writer
Express Tribune, Lahore
Cell: +92321-9250609
Website: http://tribune.com.pk/author/2274/taha-siddiqui/

Sent from my BlackBerry smartphone from Warid.

From: naveeda...@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 06:06:16 -0400

this is very sham full situation for Journalists Union or Organization

idrees.bakhtiar

Aug 22, 2011, 4:46:20 PM8/22/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com

Mr. Jamal Tarakai is hero of the profession . It is shameful for the government that he is in trouble and for a noble cause. The PFUJ dastoor is ready to provide all help to him. We and Faisalabad Press Club had sometime earlier announced to help him and to host him anywhere he likes. We think, Mr Tarakai, should be take care of from the ten million grant the National Press Club has recently awarded by the prime minister. On our part, we are always ready to help every worker of Qalam and Camera .

We feel it our responsibility, as individual and as a community to protect journalists. We�ll manage to have you protected. We will be taking up this matter with higher officials and responsible people of the ruling party.

May Allah keep you safe.

Idrees Bakhtiar
President

Rifat Qadri.
Secretary General
Pakistan Federal Union of Journalists

Najma Sadeque

Aug 22, 2011, 7:54:18 PM8/22/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mr. Jamal Tarakai,
I hope you are taking the rare opportunity that Mr. Alan of NewsBlaze is offering you. Don't ignore this. It is the only practical offer so far. - NS

From: naveeda...@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 06:06:16 -0400

this is very sham full situation for Journalists Union or Organization

Jamal Tarakai

Aug 23, 2011, 10:27:37 AM8/23/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com

Mr mir mazari
I agreed with you.
I am in Islamabad since last 70 days. 33 days you supported me but after this PFUJ's President Parvez Shoukat said to me go back to Quetta. but in the Quetta situation is not good where I live.

I said to you please give me a place for live but you ignored me. I am forced to live underground now with no job, no money, no future for me and my family. PFUJ's President Parvez Shoukat demanded me to write I am not involved in any other Journalist Union. After this situation the Journalist Unions are black mailing me, pressurizing me regularly, so I dont have any hope from you you to help me.

God Bless you.

Jamal Tarakai.
0092+321-8001781

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 5:13 PM, Tahir Rathore <ratho...@yahoo.com> wrote:
[...]

Aug 23, 2011, 3:53:33 PM8/23/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Dear All
The case of jamal should be seen honestly and he may be supported as it is the right time for PFUJ and other journalist unions. To serve is another thing and to get mony is a separate one.Tahir Sahib it should not be mentiond as u will have heared "neki kar dria may Dal"
thanks