What's on your wish list for the Grange?

1 view

espring

May 13, 2009, 2:03:52 PM5/13/09
to Preserving Traditions
Hi, folks!

Well, PT is off to a great start (if your participation and
enthusiasm at events are the sign of greatness!) and I think it's
time we start working on the community kitchen aspect of the group.

The dream is to equip the Grange kitchen with kitchen tools that group
members can use for their own food preservation or larger-scale
cooking projects (bake the week's bread, make and freeze a bunch of
entrees, make a wedding cake, etc.). We might also consider "harvest
processing" tools like pea shellers, cherry pitters, grain winnowing
machines, etc. (We have a couple cider presses already!)

What's important to you? What equipment would you like to be able to
use at the Grange kitchen? What would you like to see from the Grange
kitchen as a social space? What types of events are most interesting
to you (classes, potlucks, canning parties, entree-making, community
meals...)?

Emily

MK

May 13, 2009, 3:28:43 PM5/13/09
to espring, Preserving Traditions
I am interested in canning parties - been looking for a venue to do this as my kitchen is too small.   I'd love it if they had a cherry pitter machine, too!

May Peace Prevail on Earth

MK
motherskitchen.blogspot.com

Patti Smith

May 13, 2009, 4:20:51 PM5/13/09
to Preserving Traditions
I love the idea of potlucks, community meals and canning parties (or
food preservation parties in general...to include freezing, drying or
even smoking meats).

As long as there is a food processor and a Kitchenaid blender
available to me, I am happy.

Patti :)