Technical Preservation Services branch of NPS launching new series via newsletter

1 view

Katrina Ringler [KSHS]

Aug 29, 2024, 12:23:44 PMAug 29
to Preserving Kansas (preserving-kansas@googlegroups.com)

New E-Newsletter Series Coming Soon

Technical Preservation Services will launch a new series of case studies of successful tax incentives projects beginning next week. If you are not already subscribed to this newsletter:

      S U B S C R I B E

Titled Case-Study Snapshots, the new e-newsletter will illustrate the flexibility inherent in the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for Rehabilitation and how they have been used and applied to all kinds of historic rehabilitation projects and circumstances. These case studies will highlight projects involving topics such as the preservation of existing, and the creation of new, affordable and market-rate housing; the adaptive reuse and conversion of buildings to new uses; creative and innovative reuses of difficult-to-adapt buildings and property types; retrofit of historic buildings to be more sustainable, energy efficient, and resilient; economic development and community revitalization through historic rehabilitation; accessibility; and other rehabilitation issues and challenges.

Case-Study Snapshots will be sent to all subscribers. We will continue to publish the periodic Technical Preservation Services News that includes updates and information about guidance, publications, trainings, and other information related to the Federal Historic Preservation Tax Incentives Program and the Secretary of the Interior's Standards.

Not subscribed? Want to share this with a friend or colleague?

If you have received this message from a colleague, we invite you to subscribe through the link above or at our website at Keep in Touch with TPS - Technical Preservation Services (U.S. National Park Service) (nps.gov). We also invite you to share this information with others who are interested in news and updates from TPS.

If you tried to subscribe previously when we launched this new messaging platform on July 22 only to find that the Subscribe page did not work, it has since been fixed. Thank you for your patience as we resolved a technical issue with the new platform.

Brian Goeken, AICP

Chief, Technical Preservation Services

National Park Service

Technical Preservation Services

1849 C Street NW, Mail Stop 7243

Washington, DC 20240

202-354-2033 phone

202-230-2960 mobile

Brian_...@nps.gov email

http://www.nps.gov/tps/ website

Sign up for updates from Technical Preservation Services