Software for viewing the protein 3D structure

Chen, Jin Lian

Oct 11, 2011, 9:32:15 AM10/11/11
to predictprot...@googlegroups.com

Anybody know how to view a protein 3D structure with amino acid substitution?

NCBI provide the Cn3D software  to view the wt protein 3d structure,
but I need to view the 3D structure with different amino acid mutation.

Thanks
Jin-Lian Chen

===================================

Cleveland Clinic is ranked one of the top hospitals in America by U.S.News & World Report (2010). Visit us online at http://www.clevelandclinic.org for a complete listing of our services, staff and locations. Confidentiality Note: This message is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. Thank you.

anmar alrawas

Oct 12, 2011, 9:48:03 AM10/12/11
to predictprot...@googlegroups.com

hello...
 you can use YASARA software .... it is nice and easy one

--- On Tue, 10/11/11, Chen, Jin Lian <che...@ccf.org> wrote:

This group is affiliated with the PredictProtein server - http://www.predictprotein.org/.
PredictProtein is an Internet service for sequence analysis and the prediction of protein structure and function from sequence.
To get PredictProtein news and updates follow us on twitter:
http://twitter.com/#!/rostlab

Wimal Ubhayasekera

Oct 12, 2011, 9:09:25 AM10/12/11
to predictprot...@googlegroups.com
you can use pymol, swisspdb viewer, coot, etc

-----------------------------
Wimal Ubhayasekera

Department of Medical Biochemistry and Microbiology (IMBIM), Uppsala University,
Box 582, Biomedical Center
SE-751 23
Uppsala, Sweden

Juan Pedro Luna-Arias

Oct 12, 2011, 12:26:23 PM10/12/11
to predictprot...@googlegroups.com
Why don't you try NOC program ?

Dr. Juan Pedro Luna-Arias
Departamento de Biología Celular
Cinvestav-IPN
Av. IPN 2508 Col. Zacatenco
07360 México D.F.
Tel 52-55-57473800 ext 5512 y 5567

Oct 13, 2011, 2:39:51 AM10/13/11
to predictprot...@googlegroups.com

Hi there...

Swisspdb viewer allows point mutation modelling, so you might try that.

J.

Thiru

Oct 13, 2011, 9:59:47 AM10/13/11
to predictprot...@googlegroups.com
Dsviwerepro from Accelrys, the best part is free and more sophisticated

Best,
Thiru

David Ormeño

Oct 13, 2011, 4:38:45 PM10/13/11
to predictprot...@googlegroups.com
PyMol. VMD and VegaZZ.
Although VMD is is more an analytical than a visual tool

--
David Ormeño R.

avijit patra

Oct 13, 2011, 10:55:32 PM10/13/11
to predictprot...@googlegroups.com
protein 3d structure are view by discovery studio.

This group is affiliated with the PredictProtein server - http://www.predictprotein.org/.
PredictProtein is an Internet service for sequence analysis and the prediction of protein structure and function from sequence.
To get PredictProtein news and updates follow us on twitter:
http://twitter.com/#!/rostlab

--

Avijit Patra.
Research Scholar (Biotechnology)
Central Inland Fisheries Research Institute

Indian Council of Agricultural Research

Barrackpore, Kolkata-700 120

West Bengal, INDIA

FAX:   033-25920388

Phone: 033-25921190

Betül Bitir

Oct 16, 2011, 5:47:57 AM10/16/11
to predictprot...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
you can use swiss pdb viewer.

Best,

Betul

2011/10/12 Wimal Ubhayasekera <wi...@xray.bmc.uu.se>

--
Betül Bitir
İstanbul University

abbasali amini

Oct 25, 2011, 1:32:52 PM10/25/11
to predictprot...@googlegroups.com
Hi
DS Visualizer is good too.

Best Regards,
Abbas Ali Amini

Chen, Jin Lian

Oct 26, 2011, 10:33:08 AM10/26/11
to predictprot...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
 Thank you for the info.
I have downloaded the free version of discovery studio.
It is beautiful in the protein 3D structure presenting.
I checked the webnar for using this software to do the single point mutation,
But the free version seems lost quite a  lot of function.
I still could not do as the webnar demonstrated.
Could you help me to get some tutorial material to start with?

Thanks
Jin-Lian