Substitution pattern in amino acids

R A J Rajkishore

Oct 20, 2014, 12:22:55 AM10/20/14
to predictprot...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

Can anyone help me on my doubt?

What do you mean by, " What substitution pattern are taking in amino acids or what are amino acid substitutions".?

As, to my clarity I think the possible formation of amino acids secondary structure where it is forming alpha helix, sheets and loops.

Please explain.

With Regards,

Rajkishore

Btech Email

Nov 20, 2014, 3:39:05 PM11/20/14
to predictprot...@googlegroups.com
As you know that there are amino acids with same class. I mean there are set of hydrophobic amino acids , threre are hydrophilic., charged, etc.

So try to substitute amino acids in your analysis process and figure it out that the structural confirmation still shows lower global minima energy value . Try to simulate your environment to make sure that protein structure formed is stable after mutation .

The common amino acids when we substitute (mutate) the structure and still thy mutation has no major impact in the structural confirmation then those amino acids are called as substitutes specific to that structure.

The patterns u find for specific class of proteins are referred as substitutions patterns  which implies that for example ,replacement of glycine in a keratin protein for two different species has no structural impacts  ( consider it as an example)

I will call set of hydrophobic amino acids as in substitution patterns.

I hope I am right...

Sent from my iPhone

This group is affiliated with the PredictProtein server - http://www.predictprotein.org/.
PredictProtein is an Internet service for sequence analysis and the prediction of protein structure and function from sequence.
To get PredictProtein news and updates follow us on twitter:
http://twitter.com/#!/rostlab

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "PredictProtein-Science" group.