Problem regarding protein modelling and interactions

R A J Rajkishore

Apr 19, 2014, 5:16:19 AM4/19/14
to predictprot...@googlegroups.com
Hello Everyone ,

I have a protein LOXL1 (whose 3D structure has not yet been modelled/predicted so far).
For modelling ,this protein carries only 10% Query Coverage and Structure Coverage of 30%.
Is there any source for predicting the homology structure of this protein.
Also , it contains 57% of disordered region amino acids.

And, this protein in combination with Fibulin 5 protein causes pseudoexfoliation.
Also there is the same condition of Fibulin 5 protein structure as of LOXL1.

Is there any essential requirements for doing Protein protein Interaction between Fibulin 5 and LOXL1.
I have compared this both two proteins in Blast2 for proteins as it is showing 50% identity.
Also this both have 40-50% mutant regions similarity.

Please guide me .. How to model LOXL1 and what to do in case of Protein Protein Interaction between these two.

I have finished modelling via online tools like Phyre2 , I-Tasser , Swiss Model and Rosetta. But cant predict the better output structure.

Waiting for response .. !!

With regards ,

Rajkishore Mohapatra
Lab of Computational Biology,
Center for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics (DBT),
Hyderabad,India