How to convert protein sequence into PDB format?

TiongSY

Jul 25, 2012, 1:05:56 AM7/25/12
to predictprot...@googlegroups.com
I'm dealing with CesA protein which there is no full 3D structure in PDB database yet. How to do the my full protein structure prediction?
I always get less than 10% of the predicted structure only from a few Protein prediction server or programme.

Your opinion and sharing are greatly appreciated!

Juan Pedro Luna-Arias

Jul 25, 2012, 9:11:09 PM7/25/12
to predictprot...@googlegroups.com
Have you try the iTASSER web server? It is able to perform modeling ab initio.

Dr. Juan Pedro Luna-Arias
Departamento de Biología Celular
Cinvestav-IPN
Av. IPN 2508 Col. Zacatenco
07360 México D.F.
Tel 52-55-57473800 ext 5512 y 5567

I'm dealing with CesA protein which there is no full 3D structure in PDB database yet. How to do the my full protein structure prediction?
I always get less than 10% of the predicted structure only from a few Protein prediction server or programme.

Your opinion and sharing are greatly appreciated!

This group is affiliated with the PredictProtein server - http://www.predictprotein.org/.
PredictProtein is an Internet service for sequence analysis and the prediction of protein structure and function from sequence.
To get PredictProtein news and updates follow us on twitter:
http://twitter.com/#!/rostlab

Ravi Pratap Barnwal

Jul 25, 2012, 11:16:10 PM7/25/12
to predictprot...@googlegroups.com
did you try I-tasser?

http://zhanglab.ccmb.med.umich.edu/I-TASSER/

regards
ravi

Rajesh Kumar Kesharwani

Jul 25, 2012, 11:48:16 PM7/25/12
to predictprot...@googlegroups.com
please read this article.

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CFUQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pelagiaresearchlibrary.com%2Fadvances-in-applied-science%2Fvol1-iss1%2FAASR-2010-1-1-158-165.pdf&ei=4r0QUM71Cc7HrQe63IHwCw&usg=AFQjCNHF9aJc0frFYiFNU8tdLhr8AlM_jw&sig2=T0h3DY1WFTr0fCz4eoTOUg

--
Thanks & Regards
Rajesh Kumar Kesharwani

This email has been sent using ArithMail at
"Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad, U.P, INDIA"
Web: http://www.iiita.ac.in, Email: con...@iiita.ac.in

Alessandro Maiorana

dr.Khaled saad

Jul 26, 2012, 3:03:01 AM7/26/12
to predictprot...@googlegroups.com
How big is that amino acid sequence? Have u used swiss prot pdb generator yet? The entry file size is important because usually gets split into seperate pdb fIles that can't be connected into 1 pdb that gives a final 3D model unless manually.

Awaiting reply..
Sent using BlackBerry® from mobinil

From: TiongSY <tsyi...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 22:05:56 -0700 (PDT)

I'm dealing with CesA protein which there is no full 3D structure in PDB database yet. How to do the my full protein structure prediction?
I always get less than 10% of the predicted structure only from a few Protein prediction server or programme.

Your opinion and sharing are greatly appreciated!

Juan Pedro Luna-Arias

Jul 26, 2012, 1:28:37 PM7/26/12
to predictprot...@googlegroups.com
Here you are:

They say ab initio analysis can be done.

Good luck

JP