predicting secondary structure of proteins locally on unix system

Nermin Celik

Jun 27, 2011, 2:43:27 AM6/27/11
to predictprot...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Need to determine the secondary structure of a large number of protein dataset.
Can someone please recommend a software that can be run locally on a unix system,
and analyzed with ease.

Thank you in advance.

NC

Guy Yachdav

Jul 7, 2011, 5:56:09 AM7/7/11
to predictprot...@googlegroups.com
Dear Nermin,

Our secondary strcuture, solvent accessibility and transmembrane helices  predictor - PROFPhd is freely available for both Debian (e.g. Ubuntu) ad RPM (RedHad, CentOS, SUSE) based linux systems. More details can be found here:

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Best,
Guy

This group is affiliated with the PredictProtein server - http://www.predictprotein.org/.
PredictProtein is an Internet service for sequence analysis and the prediction of protein structure and function from sequence.
To get PredictProtein news and updates follow us on twitter:
http://twitter.com/#!/rostlab

Guy Yachdav

Liza

Jul 7, 2011, 8:23:32 AM7/7/11
to predictprot...@googlegroups.com
Hello NC,
I have been used Phyre http://www.sbg.bio.ic.ac.uk/~phyre/ on windows.

2011/6/27 Nermin Celik <n.ce...@gmail.com>

Becker, Argentina

Jul 19, 2011, 1:33:13 PM7/19/11
to predictprot...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody,

I am working with a protein that binds GM1, a ganglioside. When incubated only with the pentasaccharide portion of GM1, the protein does not bind to the sugar. My observation is that the lipid part plays the key role in binding. I want to use other lipids like GM2, GM3, GD1a.... to see if my protein shows any binding to other lipids. Does anybody know about a lipid microarray (like the one they have for sugars at the Consortium for Functional glycomics) I can send my protein to or a lipid screen that I can buy?

This info will be very useful to me. Thank you very much for your help.
Jenn

Jul 26, 2011, 7:03:39 AM7/26/11
to predictprot...@googlegroups.com
hi friends,
i hv a protein sequence i want i tried to blast it against candida genome but i could not got any similar sequence in it. my intention is to find similar sequence in candida genome but i could nt find any similar sequence. is there any tool like blast, which can use candida secondary sequence database for searching similar pattarn in for my sequence.
Mr. Santosh H. Kathwate,
CSIR-JRF,
School of Life Sciences,
S.R.T.M.University, Nanded.