protein secondary structure

sree vinu

Jul 7, 2011, 2:33:15 AM7/7/11
to PredictProtein-Science
Hello sir,
This is Vinodhini. My research area is Data mining and my work on that
is regarding "Protein Secondary Structure Prediction using support
vector machine". I’m using CB513 &RS126 data set.I run the sequence
without using PSI-BLAST. But I got wrong result because of
insufficient features and then I have read many papers regarding the
sufficient and insufficient feature. I understand that, we have to run
the sequence in PSI- BLAST for much iteration and see for which
sequence we get high accuracy and use that particular sequence for
structure prediction, sir is it right? I thought to confirm what I
have understand sir. The output from the BLAST is completely different
from the input I gave... sir, Next doubt is we are giving only amino
acid sequence (primary sequence), how we can get secondary structure
for result in sequence. Sir, how to view the PSSM from PSI-BLAST. Sir,
My research is right or wrong. Please tell me the correct way. How can
I precede my research work? Please sir kindly reply I have less time
to complete my research work