Problem installing PredictionIO

Rudy van Bree

May 18, 2016, 4:39:44 PM5/18/16
to predictionio-dev
I wanted to share the problem I had with installing and the solution.
Installing on Ubuntu 16.0.4 hosted in a Virtual Box instance (not relevant I think)
Behind a corporate authenticating proxy.
Using cntlm to proxy (also not relevant)

used the install script

After install no PredictionIO dir (not just empty), tried mkdir first and run script - gone again.

try to install manually

Connecting to 127.0.0.1:3128... connected.
Proxy request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2016-05-18 14:37:04 ERROR 404: Not Found.

console show some errors but not real clear what caused it.

Long story short - the certificate was not valid the wget needs a -nocheck-certicate and./or cirl need a -k

the cert on the predictionIO has experied??