Environmental Futures

Emile Servan-Schreiber

Nov 24, 2009, 6:40:04 PM11/24/09
to prediction-market...@googlegroups.com
Dear group,

I've just posted on the NewsFutures blog a presentation I co-delivered back in 2004 at a CalTech seminar about how prediction markets could benefit the climate debate and, more generally, our pale blue dot. Given the recent posts about this by Robin Hanson, Chris Masse and Nate Silver, it seems an appropriate time to unearth and share it. Except for the references to Tradesports and Hedgestreet, it hasn't aged much and still seems highly relevant to the current debate...

Follow this link to view the (Slideshare) presentation:
http://newsfutures.wordpress.com/2009/11/24/environmental-futures/

Enjoy!

Emile Servan-Schreiber
NewsFutures