Fw: Your Newspaper, 29th of March

HOYT D. F. SPARKS

Mar 29, 2024, 11:45:21 AMMar 29
to Predestina...@googlegroups.com, Called out Of God, Jimmy Batchelor

From: follow.it <in...@follow2.com>
Sent: Friday, March 29, 2024 10:08
To: hoyts...@hotmail.com <hoyts...@hotmail.com>
Subject: Your Newspaper, 29th of March

-
follow.it
Welsh Tract Publications
Edit
Unfollow
BLACK BUT COMELY (BEEBE) 1862
by ST Mar 29, 2024

Elder Beebe: - I am requested by a sincere lover of the truth to solicit your views on Songs 1:5 - "I am black but comely," etc.

Yours truly, REPLY: It affords us great pleasure at all times to give such views as we have upon the Scriptures to those who sincerely love the truth; for we feel perfectly confident that all who sincerely love the truth are born of God, and taught by his spirit. To love the doctrines of men who have stolen the livery of truth to disguise their deformity and deceive the simple - although error so disguised may become popular in the world - requires no gracious operation of the Spirit to make me love it: for all men, in their native enmity to God, love error; but none can either know or love the truth sincerely until they have felt its power and tasted its sweetness. The truth as it is in Jesus always magnifies and honors God, and at the same time abases the creature.

Hence, whatever men may profess or pretend, until they are born of God and know experimentally the power of God's love shed abroad in their hearts, they are inwardly opposed to the truth. But to the subject. "I am black but comely." This seemingly paradoxical expression is made by one who is called the fairest among women; an enquirer after the truth; one who is seeking for the place where her Beloved feeds, and where he causes his flock to rest at noon. Although we presume the personage thus describing herself as both black and comely was undoubtedly intended to represent the Gentile church, we see no impropriety in applying her language as expressive of the sentiments and experience of every individual child of God whose heart the Lord has inclined to enquire the way to Zion, with his face set hitherward.

The spouse of the Redeemer, the bride, the Lamb's wife, and all the individual members of the body of the Lord Jesus Christ, when filled with the love of God are, as in the text, drawn out to seek him whom their soul loveth; and diligently to enquire for the footsteps of his flock. But the mystery of the complex character of saints, or the church, is the subject of the present inquiry. How can she be black and yet comely; as her complexion would indicate that she was uncomely in the extreme, and so very black as to seem to challenge nature to produce a parallel As black as the tents of Kedar, which were probably the most unsightly and black of anything that could be named as a comparison; yet, while thus hideous and ugly, at the same time as spotless white and pure as the curtains of Solomon. When the church, or when the individual Christian, is heard to speak of their blackness, we understand them to speak of their earthly, depraved, unrenewed nature; and surely there is nothing that looks to them so hateful. They are truly amazed that God should have set his love on sinners of so deep a dye. While they can see nothing in their nature but vileness or in their conduct but sin and transgression against God, their heart is the cage of every hateful and unclean bird, deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked. O, how black and loathsome they appear to themselves to be. It is true they were unconscious of their vileness until the Sun had looked upon them; or until a revelation of Christ is made: as in the absence of the Sun, we are in total darkness, and cannot tell how disgustingly black and vile we appear until the light comes, which makes manifest: but then we felt the weight of our depravity.

And as in nature, the more a person is exposed to the burning rays of the midsummer sun, the blacker they grow. So with the Christian, the more thoroughly they are made acquainted with the righteousness of God, the more effectually they become convinced of the guilt and pollution of their own nature, and the wretched pollution of all human righteousness; until at length they become fully convinced that there is nothing short of the dirty, smoky tents of Kedar to which they can compare themselves. This is the effect of the Sun's looking upon them. Take, for example, the prophet Isaiah. Hear him exclaim - "Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell amid a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts." (Isa. 6:5) And Peter, when the Son looked on him in the palace of the high priest, went out and wept bitterly. And was it not even so when God looked upon us in the righteousness of his holy law; when the commandment came, and light broke forth in which we saw our own vileness that we could say we were black indeed, because the Son, which is the fountain and source of all true light, had looked on us. How did we then cry out, "Woe is me, for lam undone!" And from that moment on everyone who has been enlightened to behold the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ will say with Job, "I have heard of thee O God, with the hearing of the ear; but now my eye see thee; therefore I abhor myself in dust and ashes." Truly the more we know of God, the more we enjoy his presence throughout our whole pilgrimage, and the greater will be our sense of our own personal vileness; until like Paul we shall exclaim, "O wretched man that I am, who shall deliver me from the body of this death." Surely I am as black as the tents of Kedar; but at the same time I am - Comely as the curtains of Solomon.

While all our earthly nature is black with sin and depravity from the sole of the foot even unto the head, we are bruises and wounds and putrefying sores, so that there is no soundness in us, we have, nevertheless, a life which is hidden with Christ in God, which is all fair. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and "All flesh is as grass, and the goodliness thereof is as the flower of grass;" it fades and falls away. But that which is born of the Spirit is spirit; for it is born of incorruptible seed, by the word of God which liveth and abideth forever. It cannot sin because it is born of God, and the seed abides in it. This spiritual life in us is as pure as the fountain from which it emanates; for it is Christ in us, the hope of glory. It cannot be contaminated or defiled with sin, or stained with guilt; and it is, therefore, whiter than snow, and unblemished as the curtains of Solomon. In ourselves we are black as the tents of Kedar; but in our Lord Jesus Christ, we are fair as the moon, clear as the sun, and terrible as an army with banners. We have no comeliness but that which our Redeemer has put upon us. He found us in our blood, left in the open field to the loathing of our persons; and the Lord says to Jerusalem in Ezek. 16:8-14, "Now when I passed by thee and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt over thee, and covered thy nakedness: yea, I swore unto thee and entered into a covenant with thee, saith the Lord God, and thou becomes mine. Then washed I thee with water, yea, I thoroughly washed away thy blood from thee, and I anointed thee with oil. I clothed thee also with embroidered work and shod thee with badgers' skin, and I girded thee about with fine linen, and I covered thee with silk. I decked thee also with ornaments, and I put bracelets upon thy hands, and a chain on thy neck. And I put a jewel on thy forehead, and earrings in thine ears, and a beautiful crown upon thine heard. Thus wast thou decked with gold and silver, and thy raiment was of fine linen, and silk, and embroidered work; thou did eat fine flour and honey, and oil: and thou wast exceeding beautiful, and thou did prosper into a kingdom. And thy renown went forth among the heathen for thy beauty: for it was perfect through my comeliness, which I had put upon thee, saith the Lord God." To all of which Jerusalem responds, (Isa. 61:10) "I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garment of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels."

"Defil'd and loathsome as we are,
He makes us white, and calls us fair."
"My filthy rags are laid aside:
He clothes me as becomes his bride:
He bestows my wedding dress,
The robe of perfect Righteousness."

Middletown, N.Y. January 1,1862.
Elder Gilbert Beebe Editorials Volume 5 Pages 110 - 113
Continue Reading
DIGITAL (POCKET) THOMPSON NOW AVAILABLE...
by ST Mar 28, 2024

Continue Reading
Fox News - Latest Headlines
Edit
Unfollow
Speaker Johnson meets Gov Abbott in Texas to talk border action, Mayorkas impeachment
Tennessee Gov. Lee signs bill to undo Memphis traffic stop reforms after Tyre Nichols death
Oscar winner Louis Gossett Jr. dead at 87
Florida launches emergency response to investigate 'erratic' behavior of endangered fish
Biden cracks down on diesel trucks in bid to fight climate change, reduce emissions
US National Park Service faces lawsuit over plan to remove hundreds of stray cats from historic tourist spot
World Series champ Steve Sax digitizes Babe Ruth art to raise money for foundation in honor of late Marine son
Chiefs' Andy Reid impresses with perfect ceremonial first pitch at Royals' Opening Day
Trump sends message to Biden, Obama for missing NYPD officer's wake: Have to go 'whether you like it or not'
Rates of students skipping class remain stubbornly high since COVID closures: 'The problem got worse'
Ex-MLB All-Star casts doubt over Shohei Ohtani's gambling innocence: 'The circumstances don't add up'
Dashcam video shows cement truck plowing into Texas school bus, killing boy and man
Fox News ‘Antisemitism Exposed’ Newsletter: Spielberg denounces antisemitism, Israeli hostage speaks out
European Union plans to expedite financial aid to Egypt, bypassing usual safeguards
Caitlyn Jenner blasts Biden and Obama, praises Trump for respective New York visits
Mail-in ballots must have dates on envelopes, Pennsylvania appeals court rules
Mexican mob fatally beats woman suspected of kidnapping and killing 8-year-old girl
Fourth person charged in Idaho ambush that allowed dangerous inmate to escape Boise hospital
The coming Easter means the salvation of humanity is at hand: seminary president
Georgia poised to mandate parental permission for children under 16 to use social media
LA Times
Edit
Unfollow
Blue jellyfish-like critters arrive in Bay Area. When will they show up on SoCal beaches?
Shark monitoring system pings California lifeguards. But lack of funds could end program
Scientists say these killer whales are distinct species. It could save them
Column: Corruption "feels like a betrayal." What motivates U.S. Attorney E. Martin Estrada
The IRS wants to give California taxpayers $94 million in refunds — if they file returns
Los Angeles couple's Supreme Court case sheds light on immigrant visa rejections
Homeless deaths in L.A. dropped, but many are dying from drugs
California is making fentanyl test strips free to organizations. How to get a kit
Metro's top security officer ousted days after filing complaint with inspector general
With fewer options, South L.A. braces for bigger bills at fast-food restaurants
Cesar Chavez's family wants nothing to do with Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s presidential campaign
LAX's long-promised rail link, the People Mover, likely delayed until late 2025
Rattlesnakes on Santa Catalina Island have learned that it pays to be unusually aggressive
How will the Baltimore bridge collapse affect prices and the West Coast?
Jurors award $11.5 million to former LAPD K9 handler who claimed discrimination over Samoan heritage
Is your child struggling to master the potty? These 5 takeaways from our panel can help
At least 14 hurt as MTA bus is part of multi-vehicle 'rollover collision' in South L.A.
A former CSU Northridge director was gunned down at L.A. Live. Two have been arrested
Starbucks, Chipotle, McDonald's: Who's raising prices in California to pay higher wages
Former top LAPD official accused of tracking woman with AirTag alleges cronyism by ex-chief
NBC News
NBC News
Edit
Unfollow
Building a new Key Bridge could take years and cost at least $400 million, experts say
Mob beats to death suspected kidnapper in Mexico hours before Holy Week procession
Man who escaped Hawaii jail and was struck by a vehicle dies from his injuries
Georgia joins states seeking parental permission before children join social media
After bridge collapse, crews face daunting task of clearing harbor
Illinois stabbing survivors describe attack and Evan Gershkovich detained for a year: Morning Rundown
Haiti gang leader 'Barbecue' would take part in peace talks but resist foreign peacekeepers
Jailed U.S. reporter's friends and family speak out after a year in Russian prison
Owning Wrexham soccer team is hitting Ryan Reynolds in the wallet
‘Oppenheimer’ finally premieres in Japan to mixed reactions and high emotions
Syria reports Israeli airstrikes near Aleppo, world court orders action on Gaza famine
Russian veto brings an end to the U.N. panel that monitors North Korea nuclear sanctions
Texas woman's prison sentence for attempting to vote illegally is thrown out
Israeli court halts subsidies for ultra-Orthodox who don't serve in army
Georgia Republican Party official voted illegally nine times, judge rules
9-year-old boy leads California police on short chase
Michigan GOP lawmaker falsely labels March Madness athletes 'illegal invaders'
Pennsylvania man in 'Scream' mask killed neighbor with chain saw, then went home to watch a movie, police say
National Park Service sued over plan to remove Puerto Rico’s famous stray cats
North Carolina moves to revoke license of wilderness camp where a 12-year-old died
The New York Times
The New York Times
Edit
Unfollow
D.U.P. Leader Jeffrey Donaldson Resigns After Being Charged
Biden Administration Announces Rules to Turbocharge All-Electric Trucks
Radio Free Asia Leaves Hong Kong, Citing Security Law
A Key Inflation Gauge Hovers Above Fed’s Target
Behind the Ray-Bans, Two Presidents Send a Message About Biden
Volcanic Eruptions Are Continuing in Iceland: Photos
After U.N. Cease-Fire Resolution, What’s Changed in Gaza War?
A Crisis of School Absences
A ‘Cataclysmic Situation’ in Haiti, and the Downfall of Sam Bankman-Fried
Wanted in South Korea: Imperialism-Free Cherry Blossoms
S&P 500 Surges to Start the Year
Baltimore Key Bridge Cleanup and Reconstruction Expected to Be Complex
Harvard Applications Drop as Other Elite Schools See Record Highs
Those Billion-Dollar Lottery ‘Jackpots’ Aren’t Even Half That Big
The Secret to Surviving Climate Apocalypse
After the Moscow Attack, Putin’s Next Escalation Is Coming
Beyoncé’s ‘Cowboy Carter’ Is Here
A Very Royal Scavenger Hunt
‘Every Day Is Hard’: One Year Since Russia Jailed Evan Gershkovich
Georgia Lawmakers Approve Tougher Rules on Immigration After Student’s Killing
CNN - Most Recent
Edit
Unfollow
The latest on the Baltimore Key Bridge collapse
Devastation in Gaza as Israel wages war on Hamas
Today's news in 10 minutes
Vatican Fast Facts
Income Tax Deadline Fast Facts
Jacob Zuma Fast Facts
Sam Bankman-Fried arrives in court for his sentencing
Trump's Georgia election subversion case faces key hearing

Learn more about Jeeng
You Might Like

Learn more about RevenueStripe...
Follow more feeds

You have a website? Also use follow.it - it has many advantages.

To unsubscribe please click on the "Unfollow"-link next to the feed's title or click here to unfollow several feeds in one go.

This email was sent by follow.it. However, the contents of this email are provided by the publisher of the feeds you are following. follow.it is not affiliated with those publishers in any way nor do we take any responsibility for their content. If you want to report content which does not adhere to our Terms of Use please contact us.
lnisev Ltd., 11407 SW Amu St, Suite #AAM624, Tualatin, OR 97062, USA