Re draw camera change

Felo Carrera

Feb 11, 2013, 1:20:32 AM2/11/13
to pr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dean,

I'm working on a 3d graph based on a data feed from another site.
The data used for the graph is changing several times per second so I have to redraw it very often.
The problem is that when I redraw, the camera is reset to the original position.

Is there any way to redraw the graph while keeping the camera in the position it was?

Thanks.

Dean

Feb 11, 2013, 5:34:48 AM2/11/13
to pr...@googlegroups.com
pre3d should not be doing anything that resets the camera, are you
explicitly calling .reset(), or setting a new transform? Or perhaps
you are calling autoCamera again (which will reset everything?).

You could take a look at some of the examples, I think they more or
less do what you'd want.

Felo Carrera

Feb 11, 2013, 1:18:46 PM2/11/13
to pr...@googlegroups.com
Dean, thanks for the quick response.
I got it working by removing the autoCamera() and setting the camera as the one from the previous render.

However, every time I rotate with the mouse, the graph is reset to the whatever the first value was until I stop rotating.
Any clues?

Felo Carrera

Feb 11, 2013, 4:38:30 PM2/11/13
to pr...@googlegroups.com
Got it working! Problem was setting the previous camera to the new render. I just cleared that line and it was fixed!
Thanks for the help.