Usage Hints

Clint326

Dec 11, 2010, 5:04:33 PM12/11/10
to pre3d
I realize there is no documentation for pre3d at this point, but I'm
quite new to Javascript (although I've used it to play with HTML5
quite a bit now). Here's my question: I want to create a 3d space full
of points and then be able to rotate it in a similar fashion to
Colorscube. I've looked at the code for Colorscube and its obviously
not meant to be understood yet :-) Is there another demo that might
give me some hints on usage? Thanks. -- Clint326

icavina

Dec 13, 2010, 10:23:42 PM12/13/10
to pre3d
Clint --
I've just made my first steps with pre3d out of this demo:
http://www.html5canvastutorials.com/labs/html5-canvas-pre3d-rotating-cube/

I do have a few years coding javascript and it took me about 3-4 hours
to get something really basic.
One thing that I found was that there is some 3d math and concepts
that you may need to understand how these 3d libraries work.

Hope that helps.
Ignacio